200+ Video Tutorials: Cycles, Nodes, Python, Editing, Game Engine, etc. for New Users

Maybe this will help…

1. File, Save User Settings - This menu command allows you to save your scene as the default so that it loads it on startup every time. That’s how I work. I have a scene with my GLSL lights preset, with spotlights and a bunch of pre-defined material colors. And sometimes, I make extra numerous pre-made scenes that I load and rename.

2. To access Ortho mode, you have to press 5 on the Numpad. I haven’t tried remapping to regular number keys.
    To set it back to persective mode, press 7 on the Numpad.

3. DEL on the Numpad centers your view to the selected object. If it’s a distant object in the scene, it will zoom your view to it.

4. 10 seems to be the limit on subdivide. But, after subdividing you can always do it again. 10 seems to be a practical limit for subdivision as the number of faces grows non-linearly!

5. For ninety degree rotation, I press ‘r’ , then I immediately press ‘x’, ‘y’ or ‘z’ for the axis of rotation, then I immediately press ‘9’, ‘0’, and then I press Enter. Just don’t press Enter or don’t click the mouse inbetween those steps.

Hope that helps. Thanks for watching!

Thank you for your hard work.

You’re very welcome. Thanks for watching.

Thanks for the tutorials :smiley:
i am new in blender and it help me a lot.
but i have a question, why my game was too slow? is this the material i use or the size of the mesh?

That’s difficult to say without any details, but generally keeping the polygon count on your models as low as possible is a really good idea for starters. A lot of games use normal maps (an image on top of a low polygon surface) that makes the object look like it has a lot more detail than it actually has, keeping the polygon count low. Also, be careful of having too many lights in the scene; you can fake lights with texture maps as well. Close-up in a scene, I might put a highly detailed model, but similar objects in the distance can have much fewer polygon to get the same effect. Keep working at it. Games are difficult and take a lot of work and a lot of time. Hope that helps. Thanks for watching.

Woah, that’s a lot of tutorials:D Thanks for sharing, subscribing:)