2007 Blender F1 Challenge

Wow! How time flys! It seems like the 2006 Blender F1 Challenge just finished yet here we are in a new year and the 2007 Challenge coming up.
I plan on having the contest begin (as usual) with the start of the real F1 season which this year is March 18 (Australia for you F1 fans…). I look forward to seeing some awesome entries but last year will be very hard to beat. Check it out:

www.seesystems.com/f1

I hope to have the 2007 web site ready very soon. By the way, I don’t care if you have already started on your 2007 entry (I have :stuck_out_tongue: ). It gives you a nice jump of the rest of the field.
This year I am also opening up a discussion for suggestions on the rules. As usual, I get the final word on what the rules will be (it would be more like the real F1 this way :slight_smile: ).

So this thread is for you to make suggestions for this year’s Blender F1 Challenge. Before you make any suggestions, please consider that the rule should be fair to all Blender users - from newbie to guru.

I will start…

It may be fun to have a special “Judges Choice” category where a special award is given to a F1 entry decided on by an exclusve panel of judges.

Okay people… bring it on!

Wow time has flown by…

Does this mean I can start now? :smiley: Kidding…
-albert

Cool! I’ll be in!

woohoo!

gotta beat 10th this year… its totally on, Ecks…

Good! Hopefully I’ll have time this year, but I’m not sure.
Well if I do enter, I’ll have to beat 4. place this time!

It would be interesting to have some sort of new rule or theme this year.
I’d suggest for example:
“At least one part of the vehicle touching the ground”
Or: something to do with having viewers / tribunes, as F1 is most of all a spectator sport.

Zsolt S.

Wahee… indeed it does feel as if you’re early this year? I have to do something this year, I didn’t do any last year or before… Thanks again Curtis!

Please allow CVS versions of blender to be used. They ARE available to all!

www.graphicall.org
www.blenderbuilds.com

wow, I didnt make it in last year, looking forward to this…

I suggest post production should be allowed.

I know the base of the contest is to promote blender with Blender-made renders…but look at the official blender gallery…most of the render are tweaked in photoshop afterward.

Dunno if I’ll be in this year…we’ll see

Can’t wait to see BgDM start his version and not finish it again. haha

I can’t wait to say I’m in and then back out!

I am going to actually start from scratch this time, I’m sick of the one I’ve been working on for the past three years. :slight_smile:

Post-production was allowed last year within limits.

Please allow CVS versions of blender to be used. They ARE available to all!

I suggest post production should be allowed.

I know the base of the contest is to promote blender with Blender-made renders…but look at the official blender gallery…most of the render are tweaked in photoshop afterward.

That was before we had nodes.

This year, CurtisS should go the path of a Blender purist and only allow projects made with the official releases, rendered exclusively on the internal renderer, with absolutely no other programs used in post-processing. That should separate the men from the boys.

Ooooh! I have a super, fantastic idea. Whether I get the time to finish it, or not. That remains to be seen.

And Sago, only you could wish that I would bow out. This year, this one is mine. Even though I made the statement above.

It’s on biatch!!

BgDM

F1 means what here ?

A formula one (which follow FIA rules and spirit?) or a Race concept which could be call F1 ?

Ahuri,
The Blender F1 Challenge has always been very open. The idea is to create a F1 vehicle of the future (either the near future or distant future, no rule here).
Check out the past contests to get a better idea.

Yes thats right kids, real men chop off their left legs. :stuck_out_tongue: There’s nothing wrong with allowing some post pro, sometimes adjustments and tweaks need to be made. It’s just another tool used to reach the final product.

Definitly will join this year :smiley: But will I finish the project at all?