2010 camaro

Even better, despite the title, I can assure you lambo’s ALSO modelling the 09 version… 2010 doesn’t have the slot at the front of the bonnet.

that is what i started with, i found that the help from people on this forum was more helpful than that. i mean it was a good springboard, but the forum can get a lot more specific and quicker. thanks anyway!!

ok, fine, i fail. lol

wow, nice. how do you set the material to anything other than nothing? i haven’t quite figured that out yet. thanks

try checking out some of the tutorials that the board has linked, or look around for some tutorials on google, your camero is looking better, just remember, unless you absolutely have to, you don’t want any tri’s, not saying that you cant, you just don’t want any :wink:

and to muck with materials check out the materials “tab” on the buttons window, play around with that.

On your mirror modifier, you might want to select “do clipping” it will merge your verts that hit each other on the “mirror line” as I like to call it.

Thats the one thing I don’t like abou that dark scarab tut, is that he uses a few to many tris in a few places for my liking.

But, your project is going well for someone new to blender. (Try to remember that its art not tracing, improvise a little to your model, and try to imagine it, rather then just randomly placing verts around a blueprint :P).

Keep at it!

I was following this tutorial for my render, though I threw in an omnilamp to bring out some of the smaller details the Global Illumination didn’t pick up.

http://www.thomasbaron.net/2006/06/tutorial-realistic-clay-render-with-yafray-and-blender/

prgress report and question. when i have the mirror modifier on, it is not mirroring exactly on the x axis. hopefully you can see what i mean in the second image. any suggestions on that? thanks!

Attachments

It mirrors exactly on the center of the object, which, unfortunately, is not by default in the middle because it doesn’t consider the mirrored vertices. What I do is select a vertex in the middle, use something-s to snap the cursor to this vertex, exit edit mode and then use ‘Center Cursor’ in the mesh panel of the editing settings (F9). If this doesn’t work, apply scale and rotation with Ctrl-A which sometimes fixes mirroring issues.

seeming as how it looks pretty close there, just go into edit mode, select everything (A) and hit g, x and move it just a tiny bit past the mirror, then turn on do clipping, then move it ever so slightly back.

or just select all the middle verts, press shift + s, hit tab, then in the buttons window, hit center cursor.

I haven’t been able to work on it much lately. had other assignments in class.

I just finished my exams lol.

exams are next week for me.

what is the command for making a separate object?

go into object mode, hit space, add a plane, and delete all the verts, or just duplicate (shift d) another object (which helps when you wanna make another object with similar edges, you can delete everything except that edge).

I usually use the latter method when doing my models. I think the P key in editmode makes selected paces/vertices separate objects. I select the edge of one panel, duplicate it, separate it, and then use that to model the next panel. To separate what you’ve already modelled, use the L key to select linked vertices under the mouse, and then P to separate.

i’ve just been working on detail, so no real prgress report, sorry i haven’t been active in a while. Thanksgiving, you know.

i’m playing with materials, and i’m wondering if anyone could help me with adding textures. how is that done? thanks!

It’s rare for a car model to need textures (although not unheard of), what parts are you going to texture? Normally just a glossy material will be enough for a decent render, or you can go for a fancy node material for colour shifts and hard reflections.

If your adding scratches and such to cars texturing’s good for that :slight_smile:

Decals too. But who in their right mind would scratch a Camaro? This isn’t an offroader!