2012 Camaro ZL1!

I love this Car!

few questions about the tires, the hardest thing to model imo.
How to get such freaky tire profile arrayed in a nice circle? And where do u get the side bump of the tires? Is it just a Bump texture, or is ist displaced? Hope u tell this, I dont have 60$ for the DVD :frowning:

I love this Car!

few questions about the tires, the hardest thing to model imo.
How to get such freaky tire profile arrayed in a nice circle? And where do u get the side bump of the tires? Is it just a Bump texture, or is ist displaced? Hope u tell this, I dont have 60$ for the DVD :frowning:

I may release a free chapter from the skills overview section of the DVD that has a simplified version of the tire treads to illustrate the general technique, but not for about a month. I created the sidewall texture myself, and it’s a normal map. I think you can find some sidewall textures at smcars.net too.

You did a mistake, on CG Masters it’s written that the total duration of the DVD is 10 hours and 8h in the sample video. Which is the correct one?

ahh thanks for catching that. The original estimate was 8 hours before I completed the DVD. The final run time is 10 hours though, I just forgot to update the vimeo description.