#2026AD - Blender Short Film

In the year 2026, a major turning point occurred for many creative people. People who had devoted their entire lives to developing their artistic, aesthetic, and creative skills were suddenly confronted with a new technology that automated a large part of their skills. Technology that, moreover, would never have existed were it not for involuntarily collected data.

This is my attempt to come to terms with it somehow. To use my own skills and, through them, express how this affects me. How I feel about it.

37 Likes
9 Likes

Nice to see you back Tomas :blush::smiling_face_with_sunglasses::fire:

2 Likes

Hi Michael :waving_hand:
Yeah long time no post… hehe. I’ve had a few difficulties in life so I was not able to focus on my own work much. I would love to be more active and create more stuff just for fun.

2 Likes

amazing work !

3 Likes

I loved the textures, especially the ones used in the work desk scene, 3D printing and all, what a great job Tomas!

3 Likes

You are so kind guys. I’m glad you like it.

2 Likes

Also if you want theres some more pictures from this project on my website

1 Like

Very nice! Interesting concept!

2 Likes

Very high quality everything. Excellent job, and poignant too :+1:

2 Likes

BTW…It isn’t an accident the film is called #2026AD. “A.D.” is Anno Domini, “in the year of the Lord” in Latin. The hashtag is the grammar of the social feed. Written as a whole, the title is also a hex color. Dark blue often associated with the Blue Screen of Death.

6 Likes

Ah! - I did wonder - clever!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Nice…very nice, really wish it was longer, sucked me in right away. Hope the story get developed more. Can I ask about the soundtrack…yours, from outside source…

Thanks for sharing :+1:

1 Like

Impressive

1 Like

Thanks, buddy… I’m glad you like it. I really enjoyed working on it. It kept me busy and helped me take my mind off all the noise and stress that’s going on right now. The music was made by Lukas Guziel https://soundcloud.com/lukas-guziel

1 Like

My man. Thanks :folded_hands:

Hey there, thanks for the link, some very nice soundtracks there.

I know what you mean taking your mind off of “life’s stress”…took a break from Blender and have been getting into music production and sound design. Learning Bitwig 6 for the past few weeks, It’s been a blast, I’ve been wanting to do this for so many years. Learned so much in the past few weeks, it’s been great to work on something other than Blender.

If ever you work on another project in the future and need music or sound design, look me up.

Thanks again for sharing your project.

1 Like

GREAT! Thanks man I will keep it in mind. :heart_eyes:

“press any key to adapt”

Whow - this short is so awesome in so many ways! Great flow in combination with the music, excellent modeling and atmosphere of the scenes. Such strong visuals: the guy with the stick-its on his back + the final scene when the guy is gone, are just great! BSO intro is just such a good idea…

And above all, it conveys a feeling that many people are probably experiencing right now (though hopefully not quite as sinister)!

1 Like