21ST SKDUN GICHIN FUNAKOSHI & 6TH SKDUN KOHAI / Animated Intro

Animated intro for 21ST SKDUN GICHIN FUNAKOSHI WORLD SHOTOKAN KARATE CHAMPIONSHIP & 6TH SKDUN KOHAI WORLD CUP.

The animation is made by Igor Kekeljevic. Background music is made from song Alternativa misljenja (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucEG5JZDeWM&list=UULRxDMtXBHZU6mNE9x9l4qg) , played by music group KGB, from Serbia.

Many thanks to: Rade Lucic, Danijel Venus, Ines Perisic and Daliborka Kekeljevic.

ANIMATION TECHNIQUE: 3D
GENRE: SPORT
RUNNING TIME: 00:00:21
FORMAT: 19:6 COLOR
SOUND: STEREO
YEAR: 2013

This project is realised entirely with free and open source software:

• Blender (with Freestyle)
  • Audacity
  • Gimp

Stara škola druže… svaka čast :slight_smile: Odličan crtež i osećaj.
Slučajno naleteh…

nice animation

@ Okavango and cerfribar
Thanks, glad you like it. It was nice opportunity to experiment with Freestyle. It’s really impressive library, a very nice addition to Blender.

@ Okavango
I worked as a commercial illustrator for years. Drawing practice is always a nice base for 3D animation.

It’s a shame you didn’t get more attention on this one. I really like the character design and the motion sequences (the paws are great :). If i am not wrong, there is some nice cloth simulation too. Not to mention the local music production :smiley: All the best neighbour, did some animations in my time too :slight_smile:

Igore, ovo je predivno! Voleo bih da vidim tvoje materijale! … i da se malo poigram modelom … (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

for the english speaking:

Igor, this looks lovely! I would like to see materials setup … and perhaps to play with the model… (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

I don’t mind for not getting much attention for this project, but, in general, it’s a shame that art cannot bypass some boundaries.

I didn’t use any cloth simulations. Belt is animated, but in classic manner with bones, using standard follow through technique, like a chain. I like to have control over each frame of animation, and avoid using simulations. Of course, this approach have sense only in cartoon like projects.

It was a commercial project, I’m sure that client wound not be happy for sharing working files :slight_smile: .

Anyway, there is nothing special with this model. It’s a low poly with Subdivision modifier after Armature modifier. It’s rigged using great Riggify tool (standard feature in Blender), with some simple custom face rig added, just a couple of bones for jaw, ears, eyebrows and eyes.

Material is a standard Toon shader. Edges are done with Freestyle, using 2 line sets. Outlines using thicker lines.