I changed the setting back in this version so it better reflected the materials panels. I’ll look into seeing which setting (0 or 1) is better in the next version when I revamp the GUI.
I’ve noticed another issue with repeat versus extend set for the texture. I’ll have to play with it some more to work out what’s best (or do the GUI redesign sooner than I though, so I can incorporate that option).
I believe this jaggedness issue (at least in my tests) is caused by the resolution of the image. You can smooth out some of it with the filter option in textures (but not all of it). Image textures will do this aliasing thing if you try to render them at a larger resolution that they are (or essentially one pixel of your image texture fills up more than one pixel of your render).
And before you ask, those lines on the left and top of your plane are caused by having the image set to repeat or the UV coordinates being slightly off (though, they didn’t change between the two versions of the script, so not sure what’s going on, if its just round off error or what…) (it can be fixed by setting the image texture to extend, though). I’ll have to play around with it to see whats going on.
It’s all worked out fine but when I rendered video I saw that planes are still visible… They create some kind of distortion, looks like thin glass or something. And because I have a wood texture on the background it’s really visible, especialy when they are moving.
Can you help me with this one please…
As I haven’t used that particular script yet I only can make a suggestion. My experience is with alpha in images that if an image uses an alpha channel it is the best to use the ‘premul’ button in the texture buttons window. This should allow you to use also images with soft brushes and alpha (see screenshot).
I made a little test with the script (cool script) and found the import settings of the scripts as shown in the screen shot. It seems to work in the way you’d expect it. I used your image from this thread. For the material settings I have attached the blend file as well.
Well, that is indeed strange! Just to be sure: when I looked at your screenshot the script settings seem to differ from the ones in my screenshot. I assume that you have set the script settings accordingly before pressing the ‘Single Image’ button to load the image. I’ll give it a test on WIN XP as well (unfortunately I don’t have a Mac here to check).
EDIT: test on Win XP is fine. I had to pack the image into the file which I did not do with the blend file posted as I thought to remember that the premul option wouldn’t work with packed i ages. As the render was OK I have attached the packed file to this post.
You are right that I did the test on linux (ubuntu 7.10), sorry to not have mentioned that explicitly.
I didn’t run the script, I only changed the path to the texture. However I DO know what went wrong! When you change the path to a texture, blender automatically turns off the “Premul”-button. I didn’t notice that. If I turn it on again, the render looks like yours.
But I still don’t know what went wrong with my first render when I turned on Premul, and I’m not really sure I want to know now. I think I’ve had enough of this adventure already…
I will like to thank everyone who have helped me in this little quest