2D Filter: Motion Blur - Doesn't work?

Ok, I’m using a Windows Vista Home Premium CPU with a 64-bit ATI graphics driver. I don’t know why, but the motion blur 2D filter doesn’t work. :confused: All the other 2D filters work, it’s just that one. If any one out there has this same problem, or knows how to fix it, post the fix or how you feel about this happening. Thanks! :slight_smile:

that’s why, apparently. i have the same problem.

Sadly I think it doesn’t work with ATI. I had a nice ATI card but switched it for an Nvidia Geforce 9400 gt. Though they support the same shaders it seems that in order for it to work with ATI it has to be written differently. Anyway it works with nvidia and it also doubled my frame rate :smiley: I think it cost me about $70. I think it’s well worth it to switch.

Sadly I think it doesn’t work with ATI. I had a nice ATI card but switched it for an Nvidia Geforce 9400 gt. Though they support the same shaders it seems that in order for it to work with ATI it has to be written differently. Anyway it works with nvidia and it also doubled my frame rate :smiley: I think it cost me about $70. I think it’s well worth it to switch.

alot of blender stuff doesn’t work with ATI. i’ve heard it’s because ATI is more responsible about using the newest software, and releasing drivers often, while nvidia is not. as you may have noticed, bge uses old software, which the ati drivers don’t support.

alot of blender stuff doesn’t work with ATI. i’ve heard it’s because ATI is more responsible about using the newest software, and releasing drivers often, while nvidia is not. as you may have noticed, bge uses old software, which the ati drivers don’t support.

It’s more like the other way round… ATI release shoddy drivers infrequently that don’t support as wider range of graphics cards. Often newer ATI drivers make things work worse… as lot of users here have mentioned… thus having to revert to older drivers. The ATI driver problems has been an issue for years now.

Blender supports at large range of cards from old to new. Like it should.

Well, I can see that all the replies are very similar. I got this computer because it was 64-bit, which is what I needed for in-game shadows in Blender 3D, but apparently ATI graphics cards don’t support motion blur. I even tried using the script for motion blur, it still didn’t work, but thanks for the feedback anyway. :slight_smile: