2D titles?

Hi…

Is it possible to add 2D titles within Blender?

I need to add THIS KIND of text on an animation, with multiple cameras…

I would like the text not to be sensitive to camera moves or lens variations…

Is this possible, or do I have to use iMovie or something?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

It would be easiest to add it in a movie editing program like iMovie or something. In Blender you could do it either with the sequence editor or perhaps mapping it to a plane as an image and having that plane track to the camera (duplicating it for each camera), not that I recommend that last method.

Sequence editor!!! YESSSS! Thank you!

You mean creating an image with my text and a green background, and then mixing it with my animation, right? I never had to do this, but I heard (read) it was possible.

iMovie is good, but it makes huge DV files! So I’ll stick with the sequence editor!

I loooove Blender!
:smiley:

It’s easy. Just open up the sequence editor. Shift-A then images. Shift-A then your scene. Right click both strips, then Shift-A add. Drop it on one of the strips and voila. Just make sure the image spans the length of animation and such. Another viable solution would have been to model/add the little graphic, give it a shadeless material, and then parent it to the camera. Or, you could make a plane, give it the graphic as a texture, make it shadeless, parent it to the camera. There are probably more ways, see which one you like.

I made it with the sequence editor, and it looks perfect…

It would have been easier parenting a text object to the camera, but a zoom would have moved it inside the frame…