2d to 3d conversion

hi, i’m working a tv series in cgi and the production would to convert a lot of episodes from 2d to 3d polarized. i found a lot of softwares like gimpel3d but they generate anaglyph …it’s very difficut to me to understand how can i do this job because the production has no time to generate a native polarized 3d…

is there some software that can do this or some tutorial?..is it possible to make this with blender’s nodes (polarized)… I have also z map.

Hi caramella-

Gimpel3D can export separate left/right images or a double-wide stereo image, anaglyph is only one option…

You can also export a gap-mask for each image for any post-processing, this is a per-pixel map of all artificially created holes in the image (they get filled automatically and there are some gap-fill options but sometimes extra touch-ups might be required, this is a normal part of any conversion process)…

Feel free to email me directly if you have any questions, if you already have the z maps you should be able to convert everything in G3D pretty easily and output to whatever format you need…

hi,
with gimpel3d i create two separate images but i must to fix them in a polarized 3d, not anaglyph…and i don’t know how can i do this

Has the company given you a format they want?

I’ve worked with polarized 3d display systems and that generally involves special filters for the projectors, a special screen, and of course the glasses. In a nutshell, the polarized part is in the hardware for the final display, that’s a different area than the actual conversion part (which is generating left/right views for each eye).

If you have left/right views they can certainly be displayed in a polarized system (or anaglyph, or shutter glasses, or cross-eyed stereo), but that’s more of a display issue than conversion issue.