2D went 3D, help, and how to lock view to topview....

-Hi, I am making myselve an 2D drawing to make a 3D model from later and to get to know Blender basic handling…

And now all of a sudden it all moved about 1 blender unit up in the air and I can´t get it back on the grid…

I can go back to earlier saved versions, but all along the process I have a few times moved the view a little with the MMB and therefore there is small inaccuracies in terms of having it all in the exact same plane, so I would like to get it all pulled down to the x/y-axes…

-And is there a way to lock the view to Topview, I accidently MMB all the time (Magic mouse)…???

CTRL-ALT-Q when your mouse is in the 3D viewport will toggle between quad and single view. When you are in quad view, the orthographic viewpoints are locked. You can still zoom with the wheel and SHIFT-MMB to pan around, however.

To me it almost sounds like you changed camera from ortographic to perspective mode and have no idea what either one is :smiley:

Just try to press <NUM5> (with NUM Lock on obviously) - maybe it´s that.

With NUM5 in single viewport you can still middle mouse drag out of it. But in Quad view you can’t, it remains locked.