3 questions

advice is always given to have a camera follow a person to use tracking in the logic buttons, what I want to know is if parenting the person to the camera has the same effect in the game engine…

also, how do I incorporate an animation before my game starts or maybe in the middle …

and, i’m making a game set in a house…what is the best way to switch level…each floor in the house is a level, each room a mini level, is using scenes the best way, or should I just build the house…

About the 3rd question, if they’re real big levels with no way to see the other floors at any time then different scenes might be a good idea, otherwise if they’re small floors with stairs you’d rather want to keep them in one scene.

Use tracking. Parenting it will just have the camera move with the character. It’ll always stay in the same place whereas tracking will toggle somewhat smoothly between the heights you want it to go between.

You can use FMV-ed that allows you to play .avi, mpeg, and many other different video formats in the blender game engine. http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9529&highlight=fmv Or you could always make the animation in another scene and when you want it to play just switch the current scene to the scene with the animation.

What Kansas_15 said.

Jason Lin