34' Coupe

I started this one last night (see some progress renders) with the intention of a moderately detailed Hot Rod.

Any C&C as I go through this is much appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

Nice model! With or without refrences?

Thanks Exile, here is some more of the frame.

Attachments

awsome work! Are you using blueprints? If yes, can I see?

Great work! You are going to only hardly visible details, there isn’t too much car renders showing the chassis. And the model itself looks very clean.

Thanks

I am using blueprints for the general shape, and various photos for the details.

Here is a little more

Attachments

Here is a quick render test with some of the objects “assembled”.

Attachments

Here are some interior shots along with another quick render of the assembled car.

Thanks

Attachments

Great name buster - just had to say :slight_smile:

Here is a quick and dirty render with some material.

Attachments

I had a change of heart and decided to go for a salt flat racer. Still working on the scenery, but here is a rough render with basic materials and a couple of modifications to the car.

Thanks

Attachments

its a great job so far, but you should really be working on those materials or maybe use the car pac material to get a nice gloss look on a very good detailed model…keep on going…

by the way the salt lake flat car is better…

Hey, great looking coupe. Just a couple of suggestions-

1. Centrifugal superchargers usually have a wider drive belt
  2. The headers look to be too low on the engine. Normally the exhaust ports are closer to the spark plugs.
  3. IMO the tires have too low a profile if you’re looking for the “classic” laker look.
  4. The Moon disks on the wheels need more of an aluminum material. And I seem to recall that there’s a circular “texture” on then due to the way they’re made.
  5. How about a bit more of a top chop? I think it would look great with letterbox-size windows, especially if you’re going to continue with the laker theme.
    Love the car, it’s nice to see an older vehicle being modeled.

Geepers! thats amazing. I like both types you made!