350 hour render, fluid simulation

" time to upgrade the celeron? When people give render times like this, we really should be indication system specs. Looks good. If you’re up to re-baking, I’d adjust the time variable, so it’s more real-time looking, instead of slow-mo. Try it at a low-res bake to adjust the timing, then bake at high res when it’s good."

Actually I had made it slow on purpose with the intentions of having 60 fps playback. I did that and 60 fps just didn’t sit right, so I dropped it down to 24 and now it’s slow mo.

Specs:

Intel core 2 quad 2.4ghz
Nvidia 9600gt
8gb ddr2 800

The main reason it took so long is because I had approximate AO on. And I did some still renderes towards the beginning of the animation to test for speed, and those went way faster than the later ones. So once I had about 50 frames I didn’t want to restart. Anyway I’m going to dig through my HD and find the fluid files and I’ll probably rerender it optimized and mix the two videos together.

Oh, and the fluid was 450 resolution. I was in Ubuntu so I could go up to 600, but the difference wasn’t worth the extra time.

I see yer problem… its the intel chip…
:slight_smile: muahahaha

I think an important issue here is that, you used the settings available to try and make something realistic and it took that long to render.
Its a bit of a joke really.

Are blender fluids usable?

However that said, I have seen some great fluid simulations.

the last one took 70 hours. which had a nice resolution but wasnt clear.

I’m thirsty just looking at that water! Good job!