3D Artists Wanted for Battle for Wesnoth

Hi everyone,

I’m the lead developer of a popular Free/Open Source game, Battle for Wesnoth (http://www.wesnoth.org).

The game uses entirely 2D graphics at the moment, but we are interested in having some 3D stills or animated cut scenes to add flavor, atmosphere, and a professional feel. I’m thus here to solicit help from skilled artists, who would like to contribute to a GPLed game.

This would be a great opportunity to demonstrate the power of Blender in a software product, and for artists to expose some of their work to a reasonably substantial userbase.

If anyone is interested, please let me know here, or by private message, or come to the Wesnoth forums: http://forum.wesnoth.org and we can discuss the exact kind of images we’d like further.

Thanks for listening. I hope this is the correct forum to post this kind of thing.

David

Sounds sweet what kind of images are you looking for? (weapons, scenery, characters, etc)

Well, an opening image that would be nice is something depicting a grand battle between humans/elves/orcs/dwarves/etc.

The game has a number of ‘campaigns’ each of which has a number of images that could be used. Playing the game a little way into any of the campaigns should give a good idea of the sort of images that could be used in storyline sequences.

David

Well, an opening image that would be nice is something depicting a grand battle between humans/elves/orcs/dwarves/etc.

The game has a number of ‘campaigns’ each of which has a number of images that could be used. Playing the game a little way into any of the campaigns should give a good idea of the sort of images that could be used in storyline sequences.

David[/quote]

I was browsing the forum for Wesnoth just a moment ago. The main concern seems to be a clash between 2D and 3D. Luckily though, blender could be used to create a “cartoonish” look. Browse the Finished Works or the Works in Progress forums for the style you want then contact the author. If I had the time, I might also see what I could do (school is getting pretty hard!).

Anyway, I’ve played Wesnoth for a few days just to get the feel for those type of games. I liked it a lot and could see immediately(sp?) how 3D graphics could really enhance the game. I would love to see what will become of this.

Until then, best wishes.

3D Artists Wanted for Battle for Wesnoth

Aww man, I thought you were recruiting nerds for some big battle. And I got my lightsaber all fired up for nothing . . . :frowning:

I might toy around with this.

Sure ill help!

What did u make the game in thou?