Remote contractor positions available.
Want to work for Toneplus remotely? Our entry procedure: https://toneplus.com/remotework
- Utilizing software to produce animated content with our rigs and models under direction.
- Work with the Director, Supervisor and Leads to achieve the best look, responding feedback effectively.
- Self-assess progress and utilize time management techniques, as well as production tracking software, to meet deadlines and milestones.
- Follow our protocols in file management, project organization, and version control.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully.
- Occasionally help in layout by placing cameras and models, including pre-visualizations.
Paid per shot based so holiday and work hours are free.
- Minimum of 1 year studio experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of animation techniques using a modern CG package like Blender, MotionBuilder, Maya 3DsMax or XSI.
- Familiarity with, or willing to use the Blender interface. Toneplus uses the Toner animation pipeline which are our own tools based on modified Blender code to work with our real time backend toolkit. We are phasing out other inferior products.
- Strong understanding of animation principles.
- Desire to further improve skills and techniques.
- Strong will and self-motivation to complete tasks on time.
- Work well within a team.
- Resume and Demo Reel.
- Must be willing to complete a test if requested to do so.
- Ability to communicate and understand English direction.
- Native Japanese will need to show a willingness to communicate with an international team.
Extra skills that might be beneficial:
- Strong sense of visual storytelling (emphasis on character performance, fight choreography, shot composition, and timing).
- Past experience with motion capture cleanup.
- Past experience with in-game motion.
- 2d traditional hand-drawn animation skills, life drawing or illustration skills.
- Technical computer animation knowledge like rigging, dynamics or scripting.
- Acting or live action experience, in front or behind the camera.
- Ability to communicate in Korean or Chinese (any dialect).
**Salary is based on proven skill alone. Toneplus does not consider age, race, beliefs, sex or sexuality to be factors in calculation. Ability for advancement at all levels is open to all staff. Toneplus has a proven record on equal position advancement and equal wages.
For more information on this position contact HR here