3d Logic node, Re-Write as system using adresses for each node mapped in a system?

I am trying to make a “networking” system for my logic nodes,

Currently they use a property “FaceIndex” to decide how they will pass data via a ray “FaceProperty”

check it out,

how would I implement a mapping system, that could route data via an address cube ?

(each node can also have logic implemented to trigger python or change the data it is passing in real time)

I think this might be how a brain may work… :smiley:
anyway back to the matter at hand,

How would a system map these nodes, and then use the network to pass data to a destination address?

Cube 1 -> Cube 10 = [Cube 1 -> Cube 3 -> Cube 7 -> Cube 10]

?

part of the goals of the game is to teach how real technology works… any one care to help?

Attachments

3dLogicNodeTest(computer).blend (791 KB)

Apologies for the confusion, but mind rephrasing what you’re trying to accomplish?
Is it something to the effect of: go from cube w to cube z by traveling through cubes x -y? Therefore, how would you cycle through the sequential cubes to get from the arbitrary first to last?
If this were the case, I’d imagine a series of for loops would suffice, correct?

I was thinking maybe a “mapping” state, on “initializing” where a “Router” collects messages from each cube

(what face index hit what target at what face)

I am not familiar with pinging a network, or network mapping terms,

and this is more of a hypothetical “how would I?”

then, the data passes a “face index editing property” before passing the property…

I am not familiar with pinging a network, or network mapping terms,

We can just talk in terms of cubes then.

Let’s say there are a series of cubes, A-F, all rendered in 3D space. You’re at cube A and want to get to cube F.
The problem being: How would you figure the most direct route from A to F whilst navigating B-E, right?
Is there supposed to be a central cube for all the traffic to flow thru and be filtered by?

A “Packet routing system” could be

Cubes all fire randomly, sending messages of who they hit for a while,

“Router listens”

Cube A message to router “I want to send a message to cube f”

Router returns

[1,4,4,5,6]

So [1,4,4,5,6,“Data”] ??

I am just thinking out loud here,

And as each “leg is traveled”
[4,4,4,6]
[4,5,6]
[5,6]
[6]
Destination

Your lack of clarification confirmation is troubling…
So, yes, there is a central ‘router’, but instead of a pathfinding system, whose path consists of sequential cubes, I’m instead trying to retrieve acquired various information from their respective cubes via whichever cube is making the request?

If this is the case, I would give each cube its own general script, consisting of function generated list containing all acquired information and separate functions for sending/receiving messages. The ‘router’ has its own script for locating cubes and handling requests for information, ie managing requests for and receipts of information.
I can try to make a lil demo, if you so require…

Did you see what I had posted? it communicates via rayCast() and poly properties, and indexes,

Do you think you could work from that?

I have designed it this way to be a analog to electrical signals.

and having “x-ray goggles” that show the rays passing through a system in game…

:smiley:

I want for this system (which is for 3d logic nodes originally)

to also be used to design “Voxelized synaptic electronics” potentially, and maybe prototype “synaptic behaviors”

basically, using micro cubes, to assemble macro devices,

in game :smiley:

Your lack of clarification confirmation is troubling…

(sorry I tend to think out loud, I am listening,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memristor+http://hackaday.com/2012/03/20/print-your-own-supercaps/+http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_power+http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_nanotube_field-effect_transistor=Cublets :smiley:

What exactly are you trying to do?

If you want to do pathfinding, you should look up the A* algorithm.

Basically to prove a concept,

I am thinking that if each node knows it’s neighbors, and after the initial fire up they all assigned themselves coordinates,

A* or something like it would be much more possible. as vector math could route the message (I am not sure how to do it)

think of each cube as a stand alone computer+router powered wirelessly+ a unique device (led screen section, speaker section etc)

You have to decide if your cubes are always arranged into a regular grid or not.
If they are, you don’t need a dumb rayCast() to know which is the neighbor of a cube, just do some clever sorting.