3D reproduction of a Vietnamese restaurant

Inspired by a photo I took in a restaurant in Vietnam, I reproduced it in 3D with Blender.

5 Likes

I think that it’s nice but there’s something that I dislike.
there’s too little coherence from general lighting and lighting fixtures.

I mean:

• you can see the cone lighting also where it’s clearly not related to any light fixture.
  • the pendant light fixtures should have a more “sphere” distribution and I’m expecting to see a bit of light on the ceiling too.
  • the warm light you used ( I really appreciate for that kind of interior) doesn’t match with the cold light from the pendant light fixtures…I’ll make them more yellowish…
1 Like

Hi @marcatore, thanks for your comment.

Indeed, I can improve it, you are right.
I didn’t use any “ghost” light, all are from a lamp on the ceiling.
What do you mean about the cone where it’s clearly not related to any light fixture, there are many lights in the restaurant and all are not visible from the camera.

This is the picture which I used as reference.

After your reply I’ve looked at your renders paying more attention and you’re right, the cone light come from the real light fixtures (the black ones) you put on the ceiling.
Probably the too homogeneous pattern of light distribution on the wall with posters put on me on a false path…watching your reference, probably you can re-orient a bit some of the light fixtures to get a more variable light distribution.

About the pendant lights, ok…but, as they’re like you showed me, you should raise the saturation of the light fabric cover…and I suggest to find a way to put a little bit of light on the ceiling at pendant lights position. (I think that you could fake with a sphere light or a spot light oriented to the ceiling)

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you! @bartv