3d sketch in 2.8

honestly that was not received as well as expected at right click select.
a day spent arguing with someone who seems to think we already have this feature in Bezier curves so we don’t need it in grease pencil.
internet is a hard game sometimes.

Oh I just read what you two were talking about on right click select. You were arguing with the owner of that site you know :slight_smile:. He is a moderator here as well. Anyway, don’t take negative criticism the wrong way. Half the point of right click select is to evolve the idea so that when a dev sees it, they’ll have a more fleshed out proposal.

@Fweeb I don’t think you get the difference here. Curves can’t be converted to grease pencil lines atm. Even with that functionality, I don’t think stopping to make a curve object then converting it is a good workflow for when you are drawing with the grease pencil. I look at this as an optional mode for the line tool. Extra settings you can turn on that make it easier to make curved grease pencil lines.

2 Likes

I did make an interesting discovery today tho. that will get you something like the 3d curve tool.

create a plane
delete 2 verts to create a line
add subsurf modifier (make it visible in edit mode)

now you can extrude your line and it kinda functions like the sketchbook designer pen.
and because every new point has a manipulator, you can move in in the xyz direction, which is very close to that moi 3d vid I made.

very convoluted way of doing it but does show it can be done.
and of course its not grease pencil