3d studio max's STL check in blender?

yeah… does anyone have a plugin or script that does this?

if you don’t know what max’s STL check is it basicly just scans for degenerate faces, stray vertices, and other general modeling woes. it then highlights the problem areas so the user can sort them out.

You can do it with a new featuire I added in Blender 2.42, try RC3
Select Group

Select a loose edge then go Shift+G - same face users. then del edges
Select a free standing vert Shift+G - same face users. then del verts

or use the clean mesh tool in the mesh scripts menu

alright I’ll try it thanks.

I import allot of stl’s I wrote a script to do it as the blender stl import was a bit lacking as it diddnt merge vertices and did not batch process files, sometimes I have over a hundred files so 1 by 1 was no good for me.

The files I import are from Cad applications and they produce some crappy meshes at times, some of them crash blender when you try to go into edit mode which is a bummer if you need to fix it or tweak it.

Anyway when I run into problems with an stl I run them through admesh which seems to fix them, it patches holes and allsorts of handy stuff.

you can get my batch importer here:
http://blender.formworks.co.nz

and you can get admesh here:
http://www.varlog.com/products/admesh/

hope that helps.

You can check it into “3DPrinting” toolbox

Turn on Addon: “UserPreference” > “Mesh” > “3D Printing”. In 3d view on left float panel (ToolBox) choose 3D Printing and press “Check All” button you will get all errors.(Except loosed vertices)
It is work like “STL Check” modifier in 3DSMax.

If you have loosed vertices turn on Your Mesh -> Edit Mode -> Vertex and “Select -> Select All by Trait -> Loose Geometry” you where got all loosed vertices and can remove it.

Or select all vertices in mesh press “A” key then “Mesh -> Vertices -> Delete Loosed”

Hope it is help

Blender 2.77a

“3DPrinting toolbox” Addon working like “STL Check” modyfire in 3DSMax

You can check your mesh into “3DPrinting” toolbox

Turn on Addon: “UserPreference” > “Mesh” > “3D Printing”. In 3d view on left float panel (ToolBox) choose 3D Printing and press “Check All” button you will get all errors.(Except loosed vertices)
It is work like “STL Check” modyfire in 3DSMax.

If you have loosed vertices turn on Your Mesh -> Edit Mode -> Vertex and “Select -> Select All by Trait -> Loose Geometry” you where got all loosed vertices and can remove it.

Or select all vertices in mesh press “A” key then “Mesh -> Vertices -> Delete Loosed”

Hope it is help
Blender 2.77a