3d Sword for IMVU

For IMVU users:

1. How do I attach the sword to the waist?
  2. How do I animate it to the words “Draw, pose, block, slash, stab, and sheath”?
  3. How can I make a curved blade (for future products)?

This is what I have so far.

sword:
http://www.freewebs.com/rem2929/sword.JPG

sword2:
http://www.freewebs.com/rem2929/sword2.JPG

im a little skecthy as to what exactally you are after but here goes anyway

to rotate a group of vertex or an object you use the “r” key

what i would suggest you do to get the oval handle is to select all the current vertex for the handle and delete them
press tab
space --> add --> mesh --> cube
then make that almost exactally the same as the handle you used to have there
F9 modifyers, add modifyers --> subsurf, the default settings are probably finde depending on how much detail you desire
then under link and materials press the set smooth button (make sure your in edit mode and you have all verts selected

Thanks, I’ll give it a try.

The hotkey for delete is X.

select the handle, and seperate it §, then select it in object mode, enter edit mode and press W>Bevel>recursion 2 and move the mouse until the yellow lines are lined up where you want the bevelling to go to.

Also, it looks as though you have a lot of unneeded polies on the blade. Try and get rid of them as they will just get in the way.

Actually I’d recommend starting out with a circle and squeezing it to the right shape. That’s what I did when I modeled my Katana. It doesn’t require subsurfing if you start out with sufficient vertices and is really simple to texture. Also, it is done with a few clicks…

But of course, the real challenge is not the handle itself, but the wrapping…(the Tuskamaki if I remember correctly). Good references are the key here!

I couldn’t get any of the suggestions to work -_-.
However, I went ahead and attempted the circle-thing. Well, I actually made a tube, and then flattened the top and bottom. It looks good now, so basically, I have a couple more questions.
For IMVU users:

1. How do I attach the sword to the waist?
  2. How do I animate it to the words “Draw, pose, block, slash, stab, and sheath”?
  3. How can I make a curved blade (for future products)?

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9310/swordih5.jpg

Heres a pic of a sword i made

O…K… And the purpose of that post is…?

[INDENT]LOL, :slight_smile: that was weird.:confused:

[/INDENT]

I have a question.
What is IMVU?

IMVU is an instant messenger with 3d avatar thing.

I would suggest checking IMVU developer websites/forums for the first 2 questions.

Curved blade - there are various ways to curve a blade, duplicating a profile along a curved path - deforming a straight blade with a lattice - or just careful vertex modelling.

You can probably search for these techniques…

I posted on IMVU and Waltzinmouse’s forums, but still no luck. If anyone can tell me how to attach it to the avatar and animate it to the keywords I specified, I would greatly appreciate it.