ブレンダー 3d

All right, let’s start one of these. I’m a 2D artist moving into 3D, started learning Blender late last year.

11 Likes

The first one gives an amazing and ominous science-fiction feel to it.

The second and third ones look almost like a Dr. Seuss book in a few spots (if they were done in CG of course), bringing a totally opposite atmosphere compared to the first.

Still learning, so I don’t know much cohesion / style there is within any of these, haha. They’re mostly just experiments and modeling practice. :slight_smile:

Here’s a WIP of another thing. I wanted to curl the base of the tail up so it’s growing out of her back and she’s balancing on it. Might do it later. The nude figure was posed in Daz, and I edited Daz’s materials for it in Photoshop and did some node stuff in Blender. I added the hair in Blender, and made the cloth using cloth physics. The text is a modified font. Everything else is made from scratch in Blender, including the sculpted scorpion tail.

1 Like

Spaceship WIP. Mix of 3D, photobashing, and overpainting. C&C welcome.

5 Likes

Cool stuff, I like it when people try different styles. Keep doing what you’re doing!

1 Like

Very cool ship. I like the lines of action, very fluid.

Thanks guys. I’m having fun experimenting / learning.

Testing out Eevee in 2.8’s viewport:
blender-eevee-banana-boat

3D enviro + photobash + overpaint:

I don’t think I uploaded the final of the gangsta scorpiette earlier:

Is 2D stuff allowed on here, or do people stick to 3D? Here’s a WIP of a painting:

4 Likes

Cool collection of media. I can’t believe how short a time you have been learning 3D for!

Thanks, I should’ve mentioned I already knew some 3ds Max before I switched to Blender last year, so I wasn’t totally new to 3D. :smile: But now I know Blender better than Max.

Random stuff. I got some technical help w/ the texturing for the OP-1 synth model from some people here. This place rules.

2 Likes

Are the spaceships paintovers? Have you considered trying out Blender (admittedly sad) paint tools? Just to see what tools are missing from your typical work.

The crashed ship in the snow at the end is a mix of 3D and photobashing, but everything else is a render straight out of Blender. I did use Photoshop to draw the simple displacement map for that black spaceship, using the UV layout as an overlay / guide. I’ve tried Blender’s texture paint tools but the lack of layers and the fact that it’s kinda barebones turned me off. I know there are some decent add-ons that imitate some of what Substance Painter can do. I have an old copy of Substance actually, so if I really need to do painting directly on a model, I can use that.

Excellent body of work… very diverse style set…
keep up the good work…
might have questions for you here soon about some of your working methods…
Great Job! Thanks for the share!

ask away. I’m still a relative noob to a lot of this stuff, but I can share.

concept art experiments, some based on Jama techniques:

eevee test, using an old model I did years ago in 3ds max:
blender-eevee-drone-01

vector → 3d conversion illustration tests:

9 Likes

Breathtaking works! :star_struck: I wish I had your creative taste!
How do you get inspired? do you do trial and error or do you sketch things out?

wow awesome art and in many different styles! love it!