3DPrinter CNC Carving GCode export addon

I made an addon for Blender 3D.
You can export GCode for Marlin compatible 3DPrinters what is enchanged with carving toolhead.

Features:

• Any types and sizes of drill carving tip ( user defined and three predefined)
  • Options for detail, pass
  • Carving any 3D mesh
  • Cut bezier
  • Rough and finishing
    etc.

Story:
I couldn’t found a right and simple carving software. Another solutions are expensive and overfeatured. My solution is cheap and simple (but not too fast).
In this time the version 0.7 is out and the purchase includes Lifetime Free Updates

VIDEO

MANUAL

Order directly in gumroad

5 Likes

The addon attributes

very interesting… do you have any plan to extend for laser cutter support?

Yes. My printer had three heads (laser, FDM printer, router) so yes.

I’m finished with the basic carving functions and some bug was resolved.
I’m finished a basic laser functionality tomorrow I released a new version with laser cutting function.
There are three laser function what I planned:

• Laser image engraving
  • Laser 3D object depth engraving
  • Laser bezier cutting (implemented)

1 Like

New version!
The 3DPrinter CNC/Laser GCode exporter v0.80 is out.

First release of the laser exporter.

Youtube

New version!
The 3DPrinter CNC/Laser GCode exporter v0.90 is out!
Short aliasname is BLECOLAC

In the new version:

• Image laser engraving

New version!
The BLECOLAC CNC/Laser Gcode exporter v0.94 is out!

In the new version:

• Direct 3D Printing from Blender 3D (without external printing software like Repetierhost)

The version preview image with Direct printer feature:

I put my bargain buy printer together yesterday and have been looking for software and I do not like any but this looks good. $3 bucks! I do not know, let me ask the wife but she will think it is for beer. ha ha just joking. I already installed the addon. I have not updated Blender from 2.69, well now I had to. Thanks alot.

IM getting “Serial open in external application” I’ve been stuck for hours.

Hi,
Sorry for late.
The serial channel will be opened when the first command sent to the printer. After the channel is opened the another app can’t use that. And vice versa an external app (like Repetier host) can catch the serial channel but blecolac can’t use that at the same time and send an error message. So you need to close another printer software.

At last I detected some cases when the opened serial channel stucked open in blender (example if you reinstall the blecolac when opened) Sorry for that. Please reopen the blender software and all works again.

A right way: after you finished the print (and serial commands) use “Close serial” button. This close the serial port and will definitely usable in the next time.

I’m working the right solution.
(The new versions will be send via email to all buyers automatically)

Thanks kazinger!

. It must have been what you said. Thanks. Im waiting on some new bearings before I can test it. It will be great to go straight from Blender to the router. very good work, thanks.

Thanks Kazinger
:ok_hand:

The new version v0.98 is out.

Notes

v0.98

• The Materialbox not needed for Laser cutting
  • some small

v0.97

• Bezier scale problem. (before cutting, the beziers will be scale to 1.0)
  • MATERIAL template origin reposition for no negative values (because gcode switch off the negative moving check for deep carving, but if no consider for that then the printer can be overmove)
  • … some small cosmetic
1 Like

Hey there, thanks for sharing this tool that looks amazing.

I’m a big newbie in this field, so sorry in advance if my questions are stupid…
I’m currently having trouble understanding how it works.
Watched your video and read your manual, and i can’t see what i’m doing wrong…

When toggling console, i’m having this same issue again and again, and I just can’t find out what that means. Maybe you could help ?

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\tox\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\3DPrinterCNC_GCODE_Generator.py”, line 2177, in execute
thread_function(‘test’)
File “C:\Users\tox\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\3DPrinterCNC_GCODE_Generator.py”, line 2061, in thread_function
generateToolheadPoints(gcodepoints,t)
File “C:\Users\tox\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\3DPrinterCNC_GCODE_Generator.py”, line 1126, in generateToolheadPoints
twrite(t,SG1+’ Z’+str(gcodepoints[y][0][0][Z]-smargin_top))
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: ‘function’ and ‘str’

Nicolas via Blender Artists Community <[email protected]> ezt írta (időpont: 2022. aug. 6., Szo, 0:01):