3Pointedit - Sketchbook

Fake pixel sorter to wind effect in the compositor.

Does anyone want a low res pano of a cool sky, strictly LoDR

1 Like

Just discovered your Sketchbook. Have to say: Wow! What a load of simply brilliant stuff!!!
Cheers! lorenz

Hey there, welcome to my sketchbook! Thanks for your kind words.

Glitches as inspired by Andrew Kramer of Video Copilot. In Blender you have to make all the tools first!

<blockquote class=“imgur-embed-pub” lang=“en” data-id=“a/gksaJ”><a href=“//imgur.com/gksaJ”></a></blockquote><script async src=“//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js” charset=“utf-8”></script>

Working on a cool material for CYCLES. its a low sample realtime texture modifier. You plug a photo or video into it and choose from a range of line types and effects. Like Print screen or bank note etc. The effect its resolution independent from the source image, so you can zoom a long way in before you see artefacts.

Wondeful stuff m8! Love your experiments, keep it up. Try mixing your stuff together; got some cool techniques here, see what you’ll get!

1 Like

Some experiments with hair and emission shaders derived from an image texture.

Needed some hacker graphics for work and decided to use falling rectangles with “hacker” code.
test%20clock

I grabbed Blender’s source code for physics solving (Bullet I think) and generated the boxes from Brick texture in a material. So it all happens on a single plane that I can put anywhere.

3 Likes

Some new renders. I fixed the mapping so that the words wrapped around corners. I’m also finding that I can render at just 10 samples with denoise and get great results. But I haven’t animated them to check if they are splotchy.

Even the shallow depth of field works great

2 Likes

A basic tutorial for making the animated stripes in a volumetric

Falling Stripes tutorial

1 Like

Update on my posterize nodes, the Round node no longer works so you have to modulo and subtract.

Fake HDR bloom

Toon style for photos using the compositor:

Grab the toon style blend file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L8vE-1-oB06jtcnlV6Z0cff9N0-6T7eA

Grab the blend file and play with Painting FX Comp Nodes

Made a time tunnel with hair emitted from an image plane…

1 Like