3Pointedit - Sketchbook

This looks really cool, I like the ideas here

Thanks Craig. I think that my sketchbook is missing some painting :wink:

Hahaha just do a paintover on one of those stills :smiley:

time displace demo.blend (490 KB)Here’s a cool use for the animation time offset in the VSE. A pseudo time displacement.

Here is the demo video I hope that you enjoy the .blend file.

Playing around with textures and erode node I made this cool animated background. The .blend is attached if the screeny isn’t clear. Just change the Combine RGB node values to mode them around.

Background Balls.blend (483 KB)

And here is what I started to make, a circuit background in the compositor.

Background Circuits.blend (555 KB)

Another cool little background that you can animate:

Background Matrix.blend (598 KB)

My take on Matrix Cool :wink:

Thank you for this page.
Very interesting effects show here.

Sorry, I do not speak English. Googel makes

Thank you handwerker I hope you find some use for these ideas.

This time I made some scrolling lines, generated from a texture. Give cool streaky randomness. Vary the texture and it’s scale for different speeds and you can play with the keyframes in the first node for rolling and randomness.

animated lines.blend (536 KB)

Attachments

PAint splat.blend (810 KB)

A short animated blood splatter that does NOT use particles or physics sims. Just texture distorted objects with plenty of subdivision.

Some fake data vis for a work project on data retention by the government.

balls on sticks.blend (580 KB)

There’s a lot of cool stuff here man, thank’s for sharing! :slight_smile:

Hey no worries. Everyone is so helpful in the Blender community it’s the very least I can contribute.

EDIT:

And it’s an easy on line library for me to grab .blends from. Saves me carrying a thumb drive around :wink:

I had this idea for spawning data fields last week. Wanted to use it for some motion graphics in a news story on data retention/tracking.
Anyway just play the animation and change the empty locations to suit. You could add more vets to the underlying mesh for more spawning sites but you would have to unwrap the mesh again so that the particles emirate from the right vets. It uses a texture driven time emitter.
spawning data.blend (1.11 MB)

Attachments

EDIT: Hmmm, maybe Samblers reading this… the author of the script has very kindly improved the original (link below). Here now is th latest version (2) in .blend form. Just add some empties as per the instructions in the .py text block and run the script.
spawning dataNEW2.blend (664 KB)

RESULT, pretty similar to my hand made version. And much faster to make.

Well, I asked for some help over at BlenderStackExchange and was stunned to receive a complete script (not full addon) to achieve exactly what i created (almost).

hex spin.blend (638 KB)Some playing around with arrays of images and the twist modifier. Then a bit of post pro in the compositor.

Some quick bubbles, remember the old halo render material?

bubbles.blend (3.44 MB)

It’s a nice render, try it at 25% percent first in the VSE. Close to real time.

Tracing the decay of atoms… more halo effects.

atomic trails.blend (5.57 MB)

Again just set render dimensions scale to 25% and play in the VSE.

really like this one