4x4 vehicle game

TYVM! Appreciated. I’ve been having a blast chiseling away at this, and glad to help.

The little “L”'s on the right side of the motion actuator determine if the motion is global or local. If the L box is depressed (dark), it’s local, up (light) it’s global. Constraints seem only to work with local coordinates (since they are usually used in relation to another object.)

http://wcpenney.googlepages.com/MotionActuator.jpg

I’d love to see the .blend when you have a chance. It’d be interesting to see how you handle the center of mass and deformation for a track (multiple pieces, locked track, follow path…?)

Increased the mass of the vehicle to decrease gravity back to normal. Keys are the same. Removed a BUNCH of unused textures, materials, and those ugly sound blocks. Down to 2 megs now. Getting close to what I want out of the vehicle, but the steering still needs work.

Now that the masses are higher, I can see where the wheel bounding boxes are hitting the body (now causes a bit of roll…) I’ll work on fixing that. Thinking of trying out a multi-component wheel to simulate tread, and reduce the size of the bounding boxes. A little concerned with performance as it would substantially increase the number of actors, but I’ll give it a shot.

.blend is here or on the first post.

1 Like

Just added some nice rock textures and a sky box. Updated parent post with screenies.

Updated .blend is here

Wow, the rock texture adds a lot! It’s really looking (and playing) nice now. Good job!

~~Stu

I like it but it’s too slow I think you should speed it up to make it more thriilling.

Im glad to see this progress maked progress since last time I was on this forum. This is possble the best blendergame ever, at least I think so. Coz many games are boring fps-hl-wannabes and stuff, me not like…
But this… this is something I never played before, not even on a commersial-game

Are you still working on this game? I’m really interesred. :slight_smile: