I work as a 3d freelancer and i have been having a problem working with very high resolution when compositing in blender. I finally decided to build a new workstation around blender. My budget would be max 5000e.
I can also build a new PC from old components, so don’t hesitate suggest older parts.
- Making 3D graphics and GPU rendering.
- I have to be able to work a very well with files that are 4K-8K or even higher resolution if needed.
- 4K compositing and 4K video editing.
I need a help to choose what parts I should by:
- Proceccor: i7 / or multiple Xeons?
- Motherboard: I have to be able to fit easily 4 GPU cards
- Power supply: I need good one
- Cooling: Water or air cooling? A little bit nervous with water cooling if it leaks.
- GPU: GTX 1018 ti or new Titan? I will move two older Titans to this new rig.
- Memory: DDR4 / DDR3?