79 scout 2

(mathew_von) #1

continued from a verry old project that i thought i lost track of. anyhow its not a bronco, and its not a jeep. go ahead and tell me what you think, yes i know that rhyms, i really think i can be funny sometimes.:slight_smile:

Attachments

0 Likes

(mathew_von) #2

just a little update, i am useing the S.S. front Grill, i am also thinking of doing the S.S. doors also. yes i know the Grill looks like the hummer 2 front grill but in truth international had it first.

Attachments

0 Likes

(spleblem) #3

look pritty snazzzy
i wouldn’t mind driving somethin like that
well depends on the wheels
i recon you should make it a low rider
then i would look aswomely (if thats a real word) weird

0 Likes

(mathew_von) #4

well i have seen 2 weel drive scouts but in truth there mostly 4x4s in fact i own 12 of these in montana 6 in battle mountain and 4 here in nevada, i plan on bringing them all here as soon as i get back from iraq. i plan on opening up a shop were all i do is restor them and sell them, but i have to build my inventory up a bit more. but these trucks will go anywere and climbe anything, they are the ultimate 4x4 truck,

0 Likes

(mathew_von) #5

here is the scout with the ss door panles i tend to like this look a bit more i need to finish up the,
headlights
bumpers
suspension
axles
rims and tires,
the rims and tires i am not qwite shure how to go about doing yet, i would like a meaty 4x4 tread for this one, so if anyone has any tips id apr them.

Attachments

0 Likes

(mathew_von) #6

heres another update now im going to go to bed lol.

Attachments

0 Likes

(Maggot) #7

Jeep also uses that grill. It’s starting to get a cool look, remember to make it a bit low and it will be good. Put another color on the seats and make the rims look cool, and you’re ride will be cool enough for me.

0 Likes

(new_neo) #8

This looks cool.
I think you should make it a lowrider though, as the body looks like one

0 Likes

(mathew_von) #9

well in all honesty im just not the low rider kinda guy hence why i drive a scout, ground clearance babby thats whats needed sides that lowriders are not practical in montana, you just cant drive them durring the winter. here are a couple of new updates i have been trying to modle a nice tire tred but i need a tutorial for it and i cant seem to finde one so im a little slow with the update this is the best i could come up with in 2 days.

Attachments

0 Likes

(j0llyr0ger) #10

From the images I see, I think the body is not quite thick enough. And the hood is not totally flat.

I don’t have 12 of’em- just one sitting in my back yard.

I can take some ortho images for you if you’d like a memory refresher.

0 Likes

(mathew_von) #11

jolly rodger i have to apolagize to you i had posted a reply to you and i beleav i may have misunderstood you so i am sorry. i think your right though, i have to get a referance image i keep looking out my window to modle this one and i am haveing trouble with the hood though i do beleav i fixed the tire issue i was haveing also you are right the truck is a bit thin, i should also mention this was one of the first projects i started in blender and it has been on the back burner for 4 years, i have been wanting to finish this modle i could send you the blend file and you would see how slopy it really is. but like i said i want to finish it so here i am lol but i am beginig to think i want it to look a lot better than it dose. here is an update.

Attachments

0 Likes

(mathew_von) #12

another update just started some rims and kc lights also deleated the grill i am going to re work it.

Attachments

0 Likes

(j0llyr0ger) #13

I didn’t see the reply you mentioned, so it doesn’t matter. :wink:

Your model is coming along nicely. It does look like a scout even if the proportions aren’t perfect.

Keep working on it!

0 Likes

(mathew_von) #14

thanks jolly seems like you and i are the only ones who like scouts lol. also yes if you could grab some images of that scout you have id be happy to do another one so i can compare the two latter. also here is another update.

Attachments

0 Likes

(mathew_von) #15

here is another slight update to what i had i renderd a larger image and fixed the front end some crits would be nice, 4x4s are my thing but not everyone likes them thats cool.

Attachments

0 Likes

(mathew_von) #16

ok a few small changes you should see i extended the weel wells in some i am going to have to change the color under the truck to a darker black or gray, and i removed the old grill and put the propper ss grill on it. a few small things to finish and i can stamp finished on this one. i noticed nobody has posted any comments on the truck since i turned it in to a 4x4 so i may just modle a lowrider of the same truck. but presonaly i like the 4x4 better.

Attachments

0 Likes

(mathew_von) #17

well i know its been a wile since i have been here. i was deployed this year and had no way to log on but i am back for now and am happy to show you guys some of the work i have been doing. tell me what you think.

Attachments

0 Likes

(cypherbane139) #18

hey man, great modeling… this might be a lil off topic but i was at a rod run and saw a great one… untill they parked it lol… never got it started back! i kinda sat back and laughed as they had like 10 people come over to try to get it running… with a jug of gas i coulda found out what was wrong in like 20 mins… felt like goin over sayin "well hey atleast it looks good :wink: "

0 Likes

(mathew_von) #19

thats funny um if you are in to scouts hit up the http://www.binderbulletin.org great site and tons of images of scouts i like useing for referance

0 Likes