8600GTm (macbook Pro) UI problems

Hi
I’ve got an early 2008 macbook pro with nividia 8600GTm gpu. Blender used to run awesome - but something in recent builds since about 2.6 starting making it very frustrating - if I drag a divider border, drag value sliders (ie for materials), do some modeling, or even moving keys on the timeline, the whole Blender UI freezes for 3-5 seconds. It is not a CPU freeze, according to activity monitor, so I assume it is a GPU thing.

I don’t use Blender much anymore (or any 3D) so it hasn’t been that big of a deal… just wanting to figure it out.

I’m running 10.6.8 - I don’t like Mountain lion, so I’m not going there.

Is there a setting I can change with VBOs or draw type? I haven’t played with them yet… just looking to see if others have experienced this.

Thanks.

Is there a setting I can change with VBOs or draw type? I haven’t played with them yet… just looking to see if others have experienced this.
Why not try changing them anyway ? Then when you report back you can discount them or all your problems might be solved.

I’m playing with them now… it just never occurred to me until I was writing the post!!
so far Overlap window draw method seems to be good (instead of auto). I enabled VBOs, but it didn’t make a direct difference to the problem.