A bike called "beautiful mess"

beautiful mess is a custom bike designed by tarso marques…
the bike has a air-ride suspension wich lift itself to ride hight once the engine is started. after killing the engine, the suspension lowers the bike all the way to the floor so no stand is needed…
this model is created by me in blender 2.79 internal (sorry for all cycles users, i just can’t find my way in cycles). all texturing and rendering also done in blender internal…
hope you like it

Thumbnail

29 Likes

this looks pretty amazing for an internal render

1 Like

thanx…
its just a backdrop with 2 point lighting (1× white area + 1x blue area) tho… no environ. occl., no atmospheric, no nada… therefor “fast” rendering…
that’s one of the reasons why i don’t care for switching to cycles… its not necessary
another reason is i hate to be noob again…
cheerz

1 Like

That is the worst bike ive ever seen from a practical standpoint. I dont even think its capable of making a turn on a flat surface :slight_smile:

Looks really cool though! Incredible model!

works for me , from the view of an actual Pro Master Custom Bike Builder 40+ years ( Real Bikes )
with over 300 built, many award winning best of shows,
I think its kick ass ! I would recommend some gas caps though. and one assumes in
a real bike it would be actuated with air shocks underneath to lift it up to ride. oh my mistake
I see they are there.

1 Like

to ride it would be no problem… the air-ride suspension (front and rear) lifts the bike up to ride hight… the steering is no problem either… at 16 i had a bike (50cc) a flandria sport wich had adjustable race handlebars… where i grew up it was a must to have the handlebars set so close to the fuel tank that not even the rhumbs would fit in between… the trick was to go totaly flat in every corner… combined with a frequent cool slide… mind you, these monsters went up to 120km/h when tuned well…

the bike has air-suspension… its the 2 black shocks below the battery and oil tank, and also the front shocks have air cushens…
mind you, this bike really exists… google beautiful mess…

yes I saw that as I said I noticed the shocks on second look, my mistake , low riders are a specialty of mine my sled sits 4 in off the ground. again great job.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PURNdGJBIfGyrgA2TTnjMVQf3aiNZ3gf

The bike may be a mess, but the shading is not :slight_smile:

Though the sled part looks like it would scrape the ground and become a fire-hazard (not to mention a death trap if it hit an uneven surface).

its a air-ride suspension… the bike lifts/lowers itself after starting/killing the engine.
i edited the original message as many don’t seem to know an air-ride system…

Very nice work, practical question does the air system have a back up sys. in case it fails, I know its a digital model and all but that’s where my mind goes,:wink: ex- aviator and all.

1 Like

Nice bike Jon, feels like a movie bike. I’ve seen but the flames were real :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

thanks ya I think building it was easier than learning blender haha

very nice…
but imagining that it should really go on the road … how it works, is there a sort of elevator that lifts it from crawling on the asphalt or is designed to make furrows and sparks on the ground?
hehehe

i dunno for this bike as i didn’t build it, but usually there’s rubbers under the frame so you don’t damage the frame every tim you park the bike…
when a air-suspension leaks, you should hear a sharp whistling sound. there’s plenty time to stop the bike before something hits the ground.
i never experienced the problem with a bike, but i did with a mercedes… the air-pump keeps working so air keeps coming in the airbags… so unless the rubber air-bag explodes (never heard of a case) you should be able to stop safely…

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

You’re #featured! :+1:

yup, that’s beautiful

thanx, it might be one of my last works in blender… 2.8 is coming up and it doesn’t support internal anymore… and cycles isn’t my thing, can’t understand the nodes thing even a bit…
i’ll just keep messing with 2.79 until i found another 3D tool that feels comfortable to me…
thanx for the constructive critics tho…

Sorry to hear that! Good luck with your search…