A blender Game platform based on $25 computer: Raspberry Pi

To make A BLENDER FUNSTATION able to get new games directly from the Internet?
I was looking at this article (linux journal) on a tiny computer from the Raspberry Pi foundation. The foundation has a site: http://www.raspberrypi.org/
That fantastic little machine fired up my imagination. I gather that it sports relatively low processing power BUT has relatively good graphical capabilties – from what I read. I wonder: can it run the Blender Game engine? I don’t see why not…
If so, I caught myself dreaming that one day, you will be able to have your Blender FUNStation connected to your TV & your home network - capable of downloading new games, running the show - like an XBox or whatever other game platform - but running a Blender Game Engine. I guess the trouble will be more the I/Os (find a cheap joystick that can be understood by Linux and a cheap keyboard - well they are cheap). Anyway, I suppose it can be had for $ 50 - and free (or cheap game) available.
What do you think? I will contact these fellows - maybe they will respond. Who knows - maybe someone could even make a buck - and make Blender even more ubiquitous.

Please at least get rid of the garbage formatting when you post so it can actually be read.

Hi Dhia: that Arduino sure looks like an interesting project… That reminds me of school projects from way back when I was playing with hardware.

BTW, here is why I think the BGE may have decent chances (straight from the web site) - alathought 256K of RAM may very well be too little…

Provisional specification

• 700MHz ARM11
  • 256MB of SDRAM
  • OpenGL ES 2.0
  • 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
  • Composite and HDMI video output
  • USB 2.0
  • SD/MMC/SDIO memory card slot
  • General-purpose I/O
  • Open software (Ubuntu, Iceweasel, KOffice, Python)

That is a good idea! However, I wouldn’t have a clue how to run it, so I will lurk on this thread to see if this goes anywhere, while providing encouragement… :slight_smile:

I will be sure to catch one for [Mechatronics Engineering] use, and will see if I can connect it to BGE, hehe…
can’t wait until is is order-able, will post info on this at that time.

Dhia:

I will probably buy one too (at that price, you can’t go wrong).

Now, my other question mark is: can it compile on a ARM processor… I guess it’s a matter of trying :slight_smile:

Cheers.

Better yet. Try making a BGE compatible game player. Like xbox or so.
If not, everyone start making games cause I want to see something like that one day:D!