a bridge from darkness; from light

an abstraction

blender // gimp

http://www3.telus.net/bpauw/img/b01c_bridge.jpg

b01c

It seems very off balance to me. Even for an abstract piece, the composition seems a little too skewed. But that’s just me. :stuck_out_tongue:

The texture reminds me of a furnace duct. It’s kinda cool. :smiley:

Lol, it’s not a texture I think. It’s the deformed floor visible through the transparent bridge.
Very cool work man.

Ah! I see it now!

It’s so much cooler now that I’m looking at it the right way. :wink: Awesome work, my friend. And I apologize for any confusion I may have cause earlier. :-?

I like it, but I don’t think the dark side of the bridge should just stop there, it should keep going so you can’t see the end. IMO :wink:

whiteboy: Glad you like it :). No worries, no confusion at all.

Pavcioo: Thanks. And actually, the deformed floor is a separate layer which was composited in gimp.

Wiggie: Thank you. I wanted the bridge to end where it did to break up the symmetry between the light and dark sides of the image. I understand, though, IMO :wink: :P.

Cheers,

b01c

:o whoa that is so cool :smiley: very beautifull colours and what a nice effect

I am using this as my current desktop image :d

But I don’t see a cleat meaning or anything like that, it’s just a beautifull peace of abstraction…

Very nice :smiley:

Nice, like the abstraction

The material looks like chipboard to me.

lol, that would be a very devastated chipboard.

At some point it would be nice to see your works put together in sequence.

I think you should add some detail. There isn’t much depth right now. Subdivide the bridge and add some detail to it. You could also use lights and ambient occlusion/GI to make it really cool. I would say experiment with the “sub” option in AO and then add soft, intense spots for the light part only. It would make realistic shadows that would be cool. I like your materials.

Roger: Thank you :).

Kansas_15: Thanks.

Jedi Dawn: Lol, it does, now that I think of it that way :).

Pavcioo: LOL :).

GCat: What an interesting idea!!! I’ll look into that if I haven’t deleted some of them :-|.

fitchmicah: Thanks for the ideas. A lot of the detail and lighting in this image is actually compositing that has been done in gimp (eg, multiplied layers, etc.).

Cheers,

b01c

The texture does look like galvanized sheet metal.