A cabin in the woods

Hi. This is my latest work, inspired by some photos I’ve seen online. I mainly used botaniq addon, megascans and poliigon textures and some old textures from CGTextures (now textures.com). My goal was to capture the forest’s misty atmosphere and the warmth of a small cabin waiting for visitors with its fireplace burning. I hope you like it.

56 Likes

Just a small note. The initial scene was rendered with Blender Cycles 2.93.5. Last night I tried the Cycles X with Blender 3.0 Alpha. The difference was huge. The initial render took some 5 hours to complete, while the estimated time with Cycles X was ~2 hours!!! That’s a humongous difference and I thought it would be useful to report it here.

7 Likes

Delicious! keep it up!

2 Likes

Nice work! I really like the composition!
Did you use an addon for the trees or are they custom modeled by yourself?

2 Likes

Thanks. As I mentioned in my first post, I used botaniq add-on, one of the best money can buy.

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t have the eyes for your explanation only for the render :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is a very useful report, and dishearteaning for a AMD card owner :frowning:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks @bartv !

1 Like

I try to render the scene with a clay material override and I get a black image result. I disabled the volume scattering object from the rendering, I just can’t figure it out. I would appreciate any help!

I found the guilty… It was the volume object, which I forgot to name properly when I first created it, and it was a headache to find it. Here’s the clay render if anyone is interested…

2 Likes

Not anymore, at least my 6700XT is already running on Cycles X and it is huge difference, renders time are 20-50% faster and denoiser is much sharper and better with new HIP driver

Great job, once again. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nice piece of place for rest in the woods

Good job

1 Like

Beautiful ! :open_mouth:

1 Like