a city level

:confused:

Edit: great pictures endi! hope you do some mini-tutorials for this scene too.

how did you get those great large world shadows? Iā€™ve been trying to find a way to do that for weeks, but with large areas the buffer canā€™t go high enough (without crashing) to render anything remotely good , and a parented light causes shadows to stretch.

ITS ENDIā€¦he can what ever he wantsā€¦Kinda like BAMā€¦lol

Maybe he has alot of spot lotsā€¦you can make them Just cast Shadowsā€¦

why do i even try anymore?

because you love making games. thats why you try

Haha I know how Makin Bacon feels. Amazing work Endi!

painted vertex ao
http://www.etyekfilm.hu/suncityracer_06.jpg

Iā€™m assuming this uses GLSL, how did you get vertex painting to work? Also, I like the last two screenshots the most because they are in perspective mode, I think you should stick with it instead of using ortho. Great scene by the way, five stars.

I will answer all questions soon.

Here is a new building.
http://www.etyekfilm.hu/suncityracer_07.jpg

Nice textures, did you make them?

The spec on that building is pretty much perfect, with the normal mapping it looks very realistic. The details in every brick is awesome, definitely not something we could do pre-apricot.

some versions of that building
and some postproc :slight_smile:
http://www.etyekfilm.hu/suncityracer_08.jpg

could you upload the avi to a different place like media fire because its downloading at 1.5 kb per second est time 3.5
hours

edit: i forgot this looks awesome. id like to see it in a game someday everything looks so realistic.

Wow amaizing wowowow. :eek:

very realistic:yes:

You should make a survival horror game out of this

it would really be cool:)

Make a game out of this. It looks really cool. What is the poly count?

This is really awesome!

Now the answers:

How many fps is this?
This is only a small part of a city, so it unusable for a game. It runs 15-20 fps. So Blender game engine unusable for serious games. If this will be a game, it will uses external engine.

looks really detailed, how many polys?
Not too much. On the last shot you can see ~10k triangles.

can I see a screenshot of that car?
See the avi.

Looks really nice. Are the shadows real-time or are they baked on?
Its on spot lampā€¦ We need directional light shadow to make good shadows for great areas. This is impossible with spot shadow. But now for test it is good.

did you use tileable textures for the buildings?
Yes of course.

or unwrap and texture them individually?
I use big textures that contains many things. For example all buildings uses on texture.

one more question, can we see the lighting setup?
I use 4 lamps. One is the sun (yellow and strong and casts shadow), others are blue as sky.

An antialiased filter would make your lvl look even better.But i dont think there are any for blender
I will make antialiased shots. I have turned on in graphics card settings and it works in Blender.

Just to be nitpicky that fish building looks like its missing railings between the pillars, or is it just a strange design?
Those are not balustrades, only ā€œside roofsā€.

Hey if youā€™re not going to do anything with it could you release it as a .blend?
No, I make this for a commercial project.

Iā€™m assuming this uses GLSL, how did you get vertex painting to work?
You must use the textures in ā€œmultiplyā€ blending mode to see vertex paint as in renderā€¦

Also, I like the last two screenshots the most because they are in perspective mode, I think you should stick with it instead of using ortho.
In ortho mode you can see more the structure and details.

Nice textures, did you make them?
I always use photos of course. See cgtextures.com for great textures. But I have many works with it of courseā€¦

could you upload the avi to a different place like media fire because its downloading at 1.5 kb per second est time 3.5 hours
:frowning: sorry

So Blender game engine unusable for serious games

You forgot Apricot is considered a serious open game project to show the capabilities of the BGE. And I think Brecht has still been doing some optimizations.:wink:

O.O

You never fail to amaze me endi. Brilliant work as always!

Cant wait for more = )

in the screenshot you have ~80% rasterzier but in the video itā€™s like 15% (and 80% logic?)ā€¦ why is that?