A dock in an airborne station inside a gas giant.

(CubOfJudahsLion) #1

Rendered with: Blender 2.37a+Yafray, comp and a little post done in photoshop.

I had this huge gyro-like structure with funnels and propellers in my head, but at the end I thought that a shot that conveyed the scale.

To tell the truth, I’m not very happy with the way the rings and the thing down right came out. It looks like a painting, despite the fact that I’m using GI and setting what I think are proper numbers for the metal (oren refl, 0.2 rough 0.3, blinn spec 0.8, hard 30, refr 4.7, raymir ~0.21.) The discombobulator sure did its job, but I don’t quite like how the material looks.

(Yeah, I’m hoping for some advice.)

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/8093/gasgiantdocksample0xp.jpg

(BumGravy) #2

ok… any chance of a piccy?

(CubOfJudahsLion) #3

Sorry. :expressionless: Just fixed the link :smiley:

(sketchy) #4

Looks fantastic! I like the painted look. Any chance we could see the image before post-pro?

(BeBraw) #5

FAN-tastic. Great use of colors. Very original.

BTW why the third light between the two white ones does not illuminate as the two do, no ray of light?

([email protected]) #6

i really like the composition you might want to try toning down those spot halos, they look a little over beamy i suppose. also if the atmosphere was that red it would taint the “whiteness” of those lights a little.you might want to try to get some sort of red mist effect. like dust clouds.

(BumGravy) #7

you might want to try to get some sort of red mist effect. like dust clouds.

yeh thats what i was gonna say, a little bit of mist would really set off the gas-giant look. apart from that, this is a kick ass image! but what the hells a discombobulator?!?

(zanidip) #8

wow! very good job, colors are nice i like this SF !

(kaucukovnik) #9

amazing