a few general questions...

(d52477001) #1

I have a few question which have been building up in my mind in my first few weeks of blender…here it goes:

1. when I render something three wondows pop up and if the windows are big and rendering has finished they overlap eachother and I can’t see the picture properly. Any suggestions?

2. Are there any good tuts on uv texturing?

3. I downloaded the afterglow plugin and activated it in the texture buttons but there is no effect even when I played around with the settings a bit. Anybody know a solution?

4. Is it possible to export a model to a raytracer, then create a good glass texture and then import it back into blender? if so, which program is good to use to create the glass and how do I do it.

5. Why are thse boards so slow? (i’m on a 56k but connected at about 36 :frowning: :-? )

6. is there anybody from southern africa here? (I live in Botswana)

7. what is the append problem in blender 2.23?

8. what does an avail keyframe do?

Thanks a lot for all your help, you guys. Unfortunately i have a really slow connection so I can’t be on these boards that much (it takes about 5 minutes for a page to load) but I think I am now good enough to answer other peoples’ questions which I will definetely do after all the help you guys have given me 8).

(S68) #2

Three??? Usually one unless you have EnvMaps, buy yes they shouldn’t be more than 1 at a time.

Yes.

THere was one on NaN site ande there is a thread by kos on Chat (about T-Rex full of nice hints

Never used

Basically, NO. The raytacer does not create a texture, it creates the image. You can’t think of creating a glass texture in the raytracher and then import it in Blender and have a decent result.

IMHO Blender->RayTracer is a one way way :slight_smile:

Maybe I’m wrong.

In any case a ‘good glass texture’ is a contraddiction in terms, glass shows by reflection/refraction the environment…

I hope this helped,

Stefano

(Vidigiani) #3

If you have panorama mode enabled for multiple strips, that will open up another window with multiple renders. I think there was one other case that did this but I can’t think of what it was off hand.

(IamInnocent) #4

I see two possibilities : PANO option is engaged so choose another setting. Or the field button, in the rendering buttons (F10), is pressed : unpress it.

1. Are there any good tuts on uv texturing?

Someone, at some moment, really have to write one that is comprehensive but there are some out there and you may want to do a search for it in the previous post since it is a common subject… to which I know little.

1. Is it possible to export a model to a raytracer, then create a good glass texture and then import it back into blender? if so, which program is good to use to create the glass and how do I do it.

As such : no. The best I can figure out is to composite the results in the sequence editor as good as possible.

(ZoltarX) #5
  1. what is the append problem in blender 2.23?

I had problems using “append” with 2.23 under Linux. I am using 2.22 instead with no problems.

Regards
ApplicatioNZ

(haunt_house) #6

5: The board itself isn´t slow at all. At my PC (inside europe) it takes less than 10 seconds to load a page. Must be something with the connection.

8: An avail keyframe records changes in the keys that you´ve made.
Example. You made a LocRot-key at frame 1 and a size-key at frame 6. If you now change to frame 11 and choose avail, it will generate another LocRot-key and sizekey. If you haven´t made previous keys, it will generate a not-key (not visible, not effecting, not existent)

Try to download the FAQ at the knowledge-base. This helps a lot.
http://vrotvrot.com/support/browse.php (170kb)
(thanks a lot, [email protected])

HH

(Vidigiani) #7

Hehe slow is a relative thing :). I am using a cable modem and used to everything popping up on my screen almost before I think about click the link :P. So under 10 seconds feels like an eternity. But hey, it builds the suspense… will there be new messages since I checked 5 minutes ago? :stuck_out_tongue: