A flower for you...

P.S. Will the flowers be real flowers or made of metal?

in response to RossBlenderArt’s question: would probably be metal, like the stalk of corn in Iron Giant!

P.S. My vote is for the flowers to be mechnicalized??? if thats a word. Like springs and washer and bolts with some scrap. Anyway dont mind me its easy to build on a great scene and idea but ultimately your the man in charge.

Excellent idea. Mechanical flower. This why I love the Blender community, we’re simply artists helping artists (and suggesting stuff the other would’ve never thought of) I am so going to credit you guys on my Finished Projects post :slight_smile: (if you’re okay with that)

Anyways here are his legs. Now I need some ideas on what to do for feet. Thoughts anyone?

Robo

I must say, I love the details that you are putting into the models, it looks top notch, that being said however, the mouth seems very out of place when compaired to the eyes or the neck. Keep up the good work though.

ironic how im making an animation about two robots liking each other :slight_smile:

looks good!!!

Hmmm yes, I see what you mean. After the whole body is finished, I’ll see what to do about the mouth. Thanks for pointing that out.

haha!! Well at the end of this project I will be putting these models up on BlendSwap…maybe you can use some of them :slight_smile:

–original question–

Any ideas on what his feet should look like?

Cheers,

Robo

well i wasnt planning on it (refer to sig link :D) they’re humanoids :).

as for feet…um…try maybe some springy looking things :).

You could try something like this (on a smaller scale obviously):

on the side of the legs you have.

Or maybe something more like this would match more with the style of the model

I think the models look amazing though, I really envy your skills

I think, tank tracks (I hope that’s what they’re called! :P) legs would look better… but that would look toooo much like W-ALLEY, and original things are much better, you know :wink:

Maybe something simple would work? Like this:

That is so awesome. I’d actually go for a real flower just for the contrast of it. Old steel mechanical and a new and vibrant soft flower. I’d say real flower. And, just me thinking here, but, what about a small anti-gravity type of contraption where his feet would be instead of legs. Maybe even have them burn the ground under them and have a small flame protruding from the contraption giving him life. I think that’ll be cool, then have a trail leading up to each other burnt into the grass. Just a thought. But quite awesome.

A picture to elaborate my vision of the anti-gravitational device majig. Sorry about the quality, I’m at work and they have absolutely no imaging programs installed. The colors are inverted because the original was so dark, I couldn’t figure out how to adjust in mspaint.

Wow robo, I love your concept! I’m looking forward to see more of your work:)

If I may, I’m voting for the real flower. I think that gives a nice contrast in your work. Two mechanical robots and a abloom flower in the middle (and maybe in the background a futuristic city/street thing?). I think that makes the flower extra ‘special’. Something like the robot guy went aaaall over to the grasslands (and even fought strong and scary monsters:evilgrin:) to pick a single flower for his female friend… isn’t that cute? haha. But then you’ll have to keep in mind that the main focus will probably on the flower.
And maybe it’s only cool in my fantasy xd

Keep up the good work!

To expand on what Krokody had above what about the following. Scale it accordingly of course I think in my section the foot is a bit large and I would also probably make it a bit wider overall (with the heal being narrower and the toe area wider) hope this helps:)

Alrighty, first, my thanks to Krokodyl and Derek for an award winning foot idea (and concept art skills…you guys rock :stuck_out_tongue: ) Here’s a closeup of the robot’s feet.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HEJlbl12U7k/TwuA6tFlcwI/AAAAAAAAAdI/Wev6NaYIFDQ/s800/20120109_robot_feet.jpg

Soooo, foot completion also means completion of the whole robot! Now it’s time for critique on the whole model :slight_smile: Lets hear it Blender Artists!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-RvIusuqj6Fg/TwuA6sYPh6I/AAAAAAAAAdI/T5fNfnCM2m8/s800/20120109_robot_clay.jpg

Robo

in a high pitched voice I Love iiiiiiiit! :slight_smile:
It’s weird because this robot reminds me of so many things. Number Johny 5, Wall-E, and for some reason I can see him walking like Marvin from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
Could you post some wires?

@Bilit Joe…wires!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-45m8uIXlVQg/TwuPSLOwjJI/AAAAAAAAAdk/bE7t2PI16Ig/s910/20120109_robot_wire.jpg

Modelling critique anyone?

Robo

oooooo, lines have never looked so perfect :stuck_out_tongue:
But in my opinion it looks like you have a few too many loops cuts in a few places. Maybe you could delete some loops and the thighs and shins but I’m not sure how deleting them would affect the quality.

also, is the little screen on the body extruded out or separate?

Meh…perhaps a few too many loops in some places, but it guarantees good quality meshes and my video card can handle it :stuck_out_tongue:

And that little screen is seperate…I wanted to keep things like that simple (for using different materials in the future…ex. rusty metal body : glowing digital screen)

Robo :smiley:

Excellent job Robo, I was hoping you would add a little Robo style to the foot;). One thing though…he seems pretty top heavy and what you could do is increase the size of the foot and maybe widen it maybe double?? Not the ankle hinge just the foot. Robots are typically pretty bottom heavy. Just a thought.

Some day we’ll have to collaborate, I’ll do the nature stuff and you do the techy mechanical stuff. Check out my website with the link below if you hvaent already:) Thanks for letting me and us be involved on this one! Happy Blending

I’ll have to side with Derek on this as I feel the feet could use a little more mass to them, great job btw.

Oh yeah…I figured those little ballerina shoes of his wouldn’t last long :stuck_out_tongue: So here’s a foot fix, along with general tune ups to the rest of the model, an interesting pose, and a Cycles render (yay!!)

I also UV unwrapped the whole thing. Sooo…I guess texturing is next, seeing as I’m pretty happy with the model as it is now.

You’ve got quite the portfolio there my friend :slight_smile: And that would be seriously awesome to collaborate on a project sometime.

Robo