A Journey-esque game

This is a small project I worked on a while back. I was trying to mimic the beautiful style of Journey. All of the models were made in blender. The wind blown flags were a mixture of blender animated planes and animated sprite sheets. All textures were made in Gimp and the game it self was made in unity free, so this project didn’t cost me a dime.:eyebrowlift:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Here are some of the reference photos I used.

Hey…I couldn’t help but noticing the crab…yeah…eheheheh…Wow, I gotta hand it to you, it toally captures the look and feel of journey. Its a shame that when you swtitc direction you didnt make an animation with the dude’s cape blowing in the wind. Seems kinda odd whn you turned around especially since all the atmospheric stuff happeining around him. This is awesome tho. The bg elemts are exrtremely well done.
If you do chage the animation, remember a quick transition from one state to the other… :stuck_out_tongue:
BTW, I could totally feel how hard he was struggling angainst those gale force winds! Congrats!!!

\

Thanks for the comment! And yeah the cape was bugging me a lot. I actually did attempt to animate it, but I was less experienced when I made it.:frowning: I’m considering revisiting this project, if I do I will give the entire character an overhaul.