A little something for you guys who build your own PCs here

If you’ve ever built or rebuilt your own pc here’s little something I made that sums up my feelings when i do it, hopefully some of you will like it too.

7 Likes

Worst thing is forgetting the thermal paste.

This probably belongs in Off-Topic though.

1 Like

The worst part of building your own computer is when you spend 15 minutes freaking out because it won’t turn on, thinking all your brand new computer parts came busted out of the box, only to realize it’s not working because you forgot to plug in this one little nondescript cable.

The best part of building your own computer is when you spend 15 minutes freaking out because it won’t turn on, thinking all your brand new computer parts came busted out of the box, only to realize it’s not working because you forgot to plug in this one little nondescript cable.

3 Likes

Well, building computers related posts seem kinda tech support to me…

Or forgetting to switch on the power supply. :smiley: Happens (to me at least) all the flippin’ time. 10 minutes of terror, double checking every cable.

2 Likes

I remember the first time I had built a computer with a watercooling setup. I spent so much time and care making sure the radiator was in place, the water block secured over the CPU, and all the cables nice and tidy.

Yet despite all that effort and TLC, I forgot to plug the PSU into the mobo. You know, the biggest cable in your computer that’s almost impossible to miss? Yeah, I missed it. What’s even worse is that it took me a good 5 minutes of scrambling before realize what the problem was. I was standing there, fretting over having to take the whole thing apart to figure out what the problem was, when suddenly…

…oh. WELL HELL!

1 Like

got my two gpu under water here

1 Like

Haha, ye, watercooling and cable management, the fun part, definitely :smiley: .

Also, I always regret my case choice, either the cables don’t fit nicely, or the case fans aren’t working like I thought they would. It’s slowly eating at me until I can’t wait to upgrade, buy a whole new setup :smiley: . Rinse and repeat.

1 Like

Btw I say this is relevant here because at least one of you gits has to have built a render rig, right?

Why build your own pc? Seriously – get one at BestBuy with nice warrantee, doubled if you use the right credit card. :slightly_smiling_face:

Customization.

There is also the option of just getting machines directly from the vendors BestBuy sources product from (Cyberpower, Cybetron ect…). All of them have pages where you can pick your parts and they will build the computer for you once you make the purchase. I have a Cybertron machine myself because they are based in my hometown, so I could go down to their facility and pick it up directly (so as to avoid the chance of parts shifting or breaking during shipping).

Though if you already have experience building a machine, you still want to build your own. One of the main reasons is because it is cheaper (because you’re not paying for labor costs or markups). Then of course you literally have the entire universe of possible parts to choose from whether it be the case or the M.2 drive (at the cost of extra effort in making sure everything is compatible).

1 Like