A living room

Hello this is my latest work in Blender.

I have created five timelapse videos of the workflow. You can watch them here if you like.
edit: 03-12-2012

Here is the Yafaray version:

I tried to reproduce the Cycles render in Yafaray. But I was not able to make the shadows in Yafaray appear like in Cycles. It is a bit dark so in the next render I would turn up the sunlight a bit.

Through the whole process of assigning and adjusting material values I really missed the Cycles render preview which makes life a lot easier. Since the render turned out very soft and there were only minor artifacts I refused to apply any nodes manipulation.

Anyway Yafaray is a great renderer and it deserves our attention.

If you are further interested you can watch a timelapse video of the workflow here.

Credits:

Statue of Liberty photo - PeterJBellis on www.flickr.com
HDR Image - www.openfootage.net
Textures - www.cgtextures.com

Enjoy!

good job i like the lighting

Looking great, I just dont like the BG image look like it didnt fit with the ilumination of the scene, other than that its great.

The light is very nice. I agree about the BG and I would add you could take out the curtains and work on some other interior details. Good work overall

Hey guys. Thank you very much for the comments and feedback.

I agree about the BG and I would add you could take out the curtains and work on some other interior details

I just dont like the BG image look like it didnt fit with the ilumination of the scene
I agree with you. The background image shading could have been much better. I will keep that tip in mind. Thank you. :wink:

edi

Awesome! What did you use to render this?

Thank you! I rendered it in Cycles. Currently I am working on a setup in Yafaray. I am curious how the render time will turn out in Yafaray. When it’s done I’ll post the result.

Nice; could be one of my favorite interior scenes in this section :slight_smile:

I agree that the background doesn’t look right… I think the problem is that it’s too dark, it needs to be much lighter…
The floor-texture might need to be scaled up a bit too to fit the rest of the scene.

Otherwise it’s great! Love the lighting! :slight_smile:

That’s very nice. I really like the floor.
The lighting has a very cozy feel to it. Good stuff!

It is great work .

nice work, perfect floor! i agree about the BG, looking at the sun angle a late afternoon/early morning picture would fit much better

Thank you very much for your feedback. I finished the render in Yafaray and posted in the first post. I also adjusted the background lighting by rotating the world texture to match the sun lamp approximately with the real sun on the texture.