A Natural Selection 2 Type of Game Question

I was wanting to make a Civ 5 kind of RPG game with isometric angles.

What I need help with is if it’s possible to make a Natual Selection 2 type of multiplayer game mode. I haven’t started on it, but I’m just trying to figure out if Blender is a good option for my first game.

Like the leader is in isometric mode and the squad is in first person mode. ← Is it possible to make that in Blender?

That is a project too large for your first game. I don’t want to discourage you, but anything that contains multiplayer is automatically super complex.

While it might seem like a good idea, there is a reason why lots of professional developers worked on this together, instead of one developer.

If this is your first project I suggest making some sort of mini game first, so you can get familiar with the basic functions of BGE and discover how complex even a simple game is, let alone a massive multiplayer shooter.

What is a “Natural Selection 2 Type”?

@Nit Pick

Words of wisdom from fellow game developers.

I haven’t worked on it recently but I’ve actually ported over the old NS 1 models and stock maps to blend files (with working animations and armatures!):

Anyhow, if you’re familiar with software development in general, I’d suggest another engine (but still using Blender for asset creation). If not, then I’d suggest starting with the BGE for prototyping and learning purposes.