A new fork of the engine

The builds are now updated on the server: download.upbge.org

Hello everyone,

I expose the link of a new website page dedicated to the python API changes : https://doc.upbge.org/api-changes.php
This page lists the added and removed functions between the BFBGE and the current UPBGE, it will be updated (regenerated) frequently.

Check out what someone made using UPBGE!!!
Looks like Unreal Engine:

It does indeed look very professionally made. Did you use Upitis’s atmosphere shader?

It would be nice, if the author would share.

There is more information about it in showmore on the bottom of that video

Wow! looks amazing :slight_smile:

This wasn’t made by me, I think the person that built this created everything by themselves. They used different AO, sunrays, their own bloom and color grading.

More info in the video description.

hot damn! I would not have been able to do much of that myself. Armory engine did recently release version 10a, with 145 logic nodes. Aside from the logic nodes, It would not be with difficulty to recreate a similar scene as which is presented in the video.

Kinda not the place for armoury talk.

This, is upbge land.

Potential splash screen?

Wow @sdfgeoff, very fantastic splash screen !

I will ask to youle, TwisterGE and lordloki to use it for 0.1.7. Didn’t look like the church of emacs ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Very cool, I’m 100% ok as far it is not commercial game. Thanks!

It’s not a commercial game. It is the demo scene from this thread after a few changes. Before using it, we’ll have to check with bart95. I’ve sent him a PM, and will let you know his response (if he doesn’t post here himself).

@youle: For reference, the work I do with BGE is not game-related. Most screenshots would look terribly boring (image on the right-hand screen it is UPBGE - outdated picture though, over a year old).

Ok, I got some information about the assets from Bart95, and unfortunately the terms and conditions state:
“This content is not permitted for use in non-Unreal Engine games.”

So I don’t think we should use it for the splash screen of UPBGE! Oh well. If anyone has a nice castle tileset, it shouldn’t be too hard to can throw together something similar - maybe I’ll have a shot over the next few days.

@sdfgeoff: don’t worry, if we can’t use this picture, maybe we’ll pick a screenshot in one of BGMC 24 games :slight_smile:

Would be nice to have this on UPBGE.

Probably the best LOD method.

Hello everyone,

UPBGE 0.1.7 was released yesterday, the builds are provided from: https://download.upbge.org/

This version includes several changes like the support of BPPlayer, new material nodes (time, texture lod bias, vector reflect), UI time scale, frustum culling debug etc…

All these features are listed in https://doc.upbge.org/releases.php?id=0.1.7

Thanks for support :slight_smile:

Thank you~!

amazing work this release !

Not far from PBR in GLSL now!

next up is using GI probe grid, and reflect probe grid.

BTW great idea on the mouse over sensor mask :smiley:

Thanks a lot for the release tristan73 :eyebrowlift:, downlading right now :slight_smile: