A new fork of the engine

(blender_user) #1121

@tristan73 i cloned the upbge from git and try recompile. But have other libs issues.

You should be run the blender/build_files/build_environment/install_deps.sh script first to compile dependencies first

(blender_user) #1123

@lordloki76 Thanks for hint bu i done before and no luck… it say that:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
build-essential : Depends: g++ (>= 4:4.4.3) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: dpkg-dev (>= 1.13.5) but it is not going to be installed
gnome-control-center : Depends: libcheese-gtk23 (>= 3.4.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libcheese7 (>= 3.0.1) but it is not going to be installed
libfreetype6-dev : Depends: libfreetype6 (= 2.5.2-1ubuntu2) but 2.5.2-1ubuntu2.4 is to be installed
libglew-dev : Depends: libgl1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed or
libgl-dev
Depends: libglu1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed or
libglu-dev
libsdl1.2-dev : Depends: libsdl1.2debian (= 1.2.15-8ubuntu1) but 1.2.15-8ubuntu1.1 is to be installed
Depends: libglu1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed or
libglu-dev
Depends: libpulse-dev but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libxext-dev but it is not going to be installed
libtiff5-dev : Depends: libtiff5 (= 4.0.3-7) but 4.0.3-7ubuntu0.3 is to be installed
Depends: libjbig-dev but it is not going to be installed
libxcursor-dev : Depends: libxrender-dev but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libxfixes-dev but it is not going to be installed
libxi-dev : Depends: libxi6 (= 2:1.7.1.901-1ubuntu1) but 2:1.7.1.901-1ubuntu1.1 is to be installed
Depends: libxext-dev but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libxfixes-dev but it is not going to be installed
libxinerama-dev : Depends: libxext-dev but it is not going to be installed
libxml2-dev : Depends: libxml2 (= 2.9.1+dfsg1-3ubuntu4) but 2.9.1+dfsg1-3ubuntu4.4 is to be installed
libxrandr-dev : Depends: libxext-dev but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libxrender-dev but it is not going to be installed
unity-control-center : Depends: libcheese-gtk23 (>= 3.4.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libcheese7 (>= 3.0.1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
ERROR! apt-get failed to install requested packages, exiting.

i have relatively old computer with old ubuntu but with official blender no have problem because it compiled with glibc219 version.

(AFWS) #1124

OK, I just downloaded the latest version and it wouldn’t start. I ended up getting this. This is v0.2.1b 64 bit windows build.

Edit:
Just noticed the “scripts” folder is not even there either.

Edit 2:
Tried 32bit and I’m running into the same issues.

(AFWS) #1125

How the heck do you use a .rar file? I can see a bunch of addons as it unpacks ,but I don’t have em when I check for a ‘scripts’ folder. I tried 32bit and 64bit.

(Nicholas_A) #1126

Use 7zip. It works great.

(AFWS) #1127

I’m using “WinOpener” App. It says it does .rar. files. I’ve done regular .zip files with no issues. It seems it’s not unzipping all the files even though I’m watching all kind of addons as it unzips.

Edit:
OK, WinOpener wasn’t completely unpacking the file. I tried 7zip and it worked with no issues.

(HeadClot) #1128

I noticed that the UPBGE is getting support for the awesome EEVEE rendering engine. Looks awesome so far.

Also got three questions

1. Is there any docs on creating plugins / Tools for UPBGE?
  2. Is there any plans for VR or AR Support for UPBGE?
  3. Is there any way to interface external tools into UPBGE?

I am currently learning python and I want to make tools for my own projects.

(ADVANCESSSS) #1129

Ohh I see why the below data is like this now, it is because UPBGE converts the object mesh to triangles, and is therefore twice as laggy.

EXAMPLE:
BFBGE — mesh object has subsurf modifier not applied, at 0 subsurfs — no lag
UPBGE — mesh object has subsurf modifier not applied, at 0 subsurfs — lag
BFBGE — mesh object has subsurf modifier not applied, at 1 subsurfs — lag
UPBGE — mesh object has subsurf modifier not applied, at 1 subsurfs — lag x2

Can yous give us a off switch, so when we press play, the mesh object does not convert to triangles and stays squares? That is twice more laggy otherwise!

(tristan73) #1130

Hello,

First the UPBGE version 0.2.2 is now released, this version offer angular servo motion, other than that we worked a lot on refactor and bug fixes, but the major works were not enough stable to be merged (thinking of ge_mathfu ect…).

As habit the documentation link is: https://doc.upbge.org/releases.php?id=0.2.2, and download: https://download.upbge.org

Secondly I answer HeadColt’s questions:

1. It depends on your definition of plugins. If you just mean programming stuffs into UPBGE, we have a doxygen page (https://doxygen.upbge.org/) for the internal API and some documentations about practices (https://github.com/UPBGE/blender/wiki), else better to ask per case, UPBGE doesn’t look as BFBGE in a lot of parts internally like rasterizer, message management, launching process, event handling…

2. Short answer: no. Long answer: we don’t have the material and/or money to test it properly, but iirc some project as OpenHMD are used in some blender experimental branch.

3. By external tools you are certainly talking about the C/C++ modules (if not it’s for python but i have nothing to learn you here) ? If yes this was a long debates on two sides: is it possible and easy to produce, is it interesting. The first side is fine, the idea is to make a blender shared library containing all the sources of blender and just put next to it an executable (blender executable) linked to this library, by this way a modules can be linked to the same blender library and dynamically loaded by the executable, the linker finally use the same library for both the executable and the module.
    But even is it is doable, it is not really interesting. The common problem is that internal sources are exposed as an API with constraints pulled with like compatibility, and we will certainly don’t want to manage compatibility on the part of the code we are frequently refactoring. You can think that we can ignore the compatibility, but the user writing modules will not, and everyone will end using his own different UPBGE version to avoid rewriting his modules.

Thirdly, @ADVANCESSSS, yes we convert all objects to BGE meshes this as nothing to do with triangles against quad. What is slow in your case is the conversion because you are doing something requesting it all the frame like using shape keys or an armature. Else the conversion is proceed at the first frame. If you doubt send me the file.

(mataii) #1131

Thanks for the hard work guys :slight_smile:

Downloading.

(BluePrintRandom) #1132

Nice work!

pulling master down now to work on GE_navmesh !

(ADVANCESSSS) #1133

Will there be any future changes to the servo angular?

(ADVANCESSSS) #1134

Reply back with me tristan before making any changes to the servo angular ok.

EDIT:
My work is actually simpler now, and simpler to do for my employee btw.

Btw I’ve been testing the new servo for days straight now lolz.

(ADVANCESSSS) #1135

Can someone give me the python name to use the servo angular as code, instead of using the Logic Brick?

(ADVANCESSSS) #1136

Will there be any future changes to the servo angular?

Can someone give me the python names to use all of the servo angular buttons as code, instead of using the Logic Brick? I don’t actually need this, but it may be helpful.

Just an update, please don’t touch the servo, I got it (build 0.2.2) working very good, I achieved fast response on re-press, able to shut off axises to fall naturally while on, and lift leg slowly. :smiley:

And also, reply back with me tristan before making any changes to the servo angular ok.

EDIT:
My work is actually simpler now, and simpler to do for my employee btw.

Btw I’ve been testing the new servo for days straight now lolz.

Tristan is a brilliant guy. I can see why they went this path, they had a lot in store for Blender’s BGE.

(ADVANCESSSS) #1137

So how close are we to the PBR render UPBGE team? 2 months? 8 months?

If I were to create a super realistic texture to be applied onto my human baby (UV), should I *before the UPBGE PBR or should it be painted *while using the UPBGE PBR to see the effect?

(tristan73) #1138

Hello everyone,

The 0.2.3 release is now available, the download link is : download.upbge.org and the doc link: https://doc.upbge.org/releases.php?id=0.2.3

This release include new features as object activity culling, non-callback collision test, camera custom viewport and character max slope. Also a lot of refactors were written as the change of math library.

Thanks for support :slight_smile:

(BluePrintRandom) #1139

Thank you Tristan and the team!

(JustinBarrett) #1140

Can’t wait to try out that culling :slight_smile: Thanks UPBGE team…love the splash logo.