A new fork of the engine

(Lostscience) #1161

it looks like the player needs to have a walk cycle play while turning.that is what I would want in a videogame I would make with this.
because it looks funny without it.does your character have hardware skinning enabled?

(tristan73) #1162

Hello everyone,

Tonight as promised UPBGE 0.2.4 is released after a long period of work after a break.
This release is including plenty of features and optimizations in various domains, I invite you reading the release note now available in github wiki : https://github.com/UPBGE/blender/wiki/Release-notes-version-0.2.4

This release will be the first to experiment an alpha and beta release, the alpha is the one currently and a beta will be finished in 2 weeks including bug fixings of bugs reported in these 2 weeks.

As usual downloads are available in download.upbge.org or by these links. Note that windows 32 bit is not available for the moment.

https://download.upbge.org/download/release/linux64/UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Linux64.tar.xz
https://download.upbge.org/download/release/windows64/UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64.zip

For people who already made a game with UPBGE, take a look at this : http://bit.ly/upbge-call-for-content

Latest upbge

Windows64 fixed in server. Remove the alternative link

(Uniday Studio) #1164

Amazing! Thanks guys for UPBGE!

(duendecat) #1165

Thanks! I’ll test it out later tonight.

(mziskandar) #1166

Doesnt work for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

(duendecat) #1167

Same here on Linux Mint 18.3, I’m getting a lot of python-related errors and the UI is failing to load properly:

The errors are:

Color management: using fallback mode for management
found bundled python: /home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/modules/bpy/utils/__init__.py", line 94, in _test_import
    mod = __import__(module_name)
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/startup/bl_operators/__init__.py", line 58, in <module>
    __import__(name=__name__, fromlist=_modules)
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/startup/bl_operators/vertexpaint_dirt.py", line 133, in <module>
    from math import pi
ImportError: libpython3.6m.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/modules/bpy/utils/__init__.py", line 94, in _test_import
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/startup/bl_ui/__init__.py", line 89, in <module>
    __import__(name=__name__, fromlist=_modules)
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/startup/bl_ui/space_image.py", line 21, in <module>
    import math
ImportError: libpython3.6m.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Exception in module register(): /home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_scene_3ds/__init__.py
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py", line 370, in enable
    mod.register()
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_scene_3ds/__init__.py", line 151, in register
    bpy.types.INFO_MT_file_import.append(menu_func_import)
AttributeError: 'RNA_Types' object has no attribute 'INFO_MT_file_import'
Exception in module register(): /home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_scene_fbx/__init__.py
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py", line 370, in enable
    mod.register()
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_scene_fbx/__init__.py", line 620, in register
Exception in module register(): /home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_anim_bvh/__init__.py
    mod.register()
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_anim_bvh/__init__.py", line 224, in register
Exception in module register(): /home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_mesh_ply/__init__.py
    mod.register()
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_mesh_ply/__init__.py", line 193, in register
Exception in module register(): /home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_scene_obj/__init__.py
    mod.register()
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_scene_obj/__init__.py", line 325, in register
Exception in module register(): /home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_scene_x3d/__init__.py
    mod.register()
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_scene_x3d/__init__.py", line 175, in register
Exception in module register(): /home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_mesh_stl/__init__.py
    mod.register()
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_mesh_stl/__init__.py", line 262, in register
    bpy.types.INFO_MT_file_import.append(menu_import)
Exception in module register(): /home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_mesh_uv_layout/__init__.py
    mod.register()
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_mesh_uv_layout/__init__.py", line 238, in register
    bpy.types.IMAGE_MT_uvs.append(menu_func)
AttributeError: 'RNA_Types' object has no attribute 'IMAGE_MT_uvs'
Exception in module register(): /home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_curve_svg/__init__.py
    mod.register()
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/io_curve_svg/__init__.py", line 72, in register
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py", line 351, in enable
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/cycles/__init__.py", line 47, in <module>
    from . import (
  File "/home/richard/Applications/UPBGE/2.79/scripts/addons/cycles/version_update.py", line 20, in <module>
    import math
RNA_string_set: OperatorProperties.data_path not found.

Basically, the errors are due to your system doesn’t have python 3.6 installed.

As you can see in this mail from Blender Fundation (https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2018-August/049580.html) the develop environment has evolved (only supporting 2 years old distributions) and ubuntu 16.04 is very possible that doesn’t work in future versions.

Anyway, I have installed a Ubuntu 16.04 and I’m trying to get a build as compatible as posible. We will supply you a compatible build when available.

(duendecat) #1169

Ok, I thought that might be the case.

I’ll be upgrading Mint in the future, but for now I need to stay on this version while at this stage of development, so a compatible build of 0.2.4 would be very useful. Thanks!

@mziskandar , @duendecat could you test this build?
https://mega.nz/#!txUxUIbB!K3QjlSBt18lvG32W4BBTCY3c_4v7yJceQao-jreTTiQ

Thanks

(mziskandar) #1171

Yeay. Its running.
Thank you.

(mziskandar) #1172

Simple rotation using logic not working. Can anyone else confirm this?

UPBGE Test [Rotation].blend (89.5 KB)

Added: Test file and proposed preset environment - world, sun, sky hemi and ground hemi.

(duendecat) #1173

I’m getting segmentation fault errors every time I close the embedded player when running my project (error on the console says: “Writing: /tmp/main.crash.txt Segmentation fault” and blender quits unexpectedly), and this occasionally happens when I start the player. I started a new version of the project that just had the init code (map/player lib loading) and new placeholder files containing cubes and was getting the same errors. So, I changed the physics type of the Player object to “No Collision” (so now no objects libloaded into the scene have physical properties) and the project starts/stops successfully with no errors, so this seems to be the source of the instability.

There were no problems when I started another new blank project containing a single cube and giving the cube physical properties, so it looks like this issue might be connected with libloading objects that have been assigned a physics type.

I’m also getting new errors whenever alignAxisToVect is used, but I’m at work at the moment so I’ll have to give the details of this one later.

(duendecat) #1174

Yup, same for me (also applies to character motion).

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we are getting issues with the character controller in new bullet physics library. We have almost ready a fix.

Regarding the AlignAxisToVec and simple rotation i take a note to investigate them.

Thanks again

(vincius) #1176

Hi lordloki,
I was using this code in UPBGE 0.2.3 but it seems that it does not work in UPBGE 0.2.4, was there any keyboard change?

import bge

keyboard = bge.logic.keyboard
JUST_ACTIVATED = bge.logic.KX_INPUT_JUST_ACTIVATED

if JUST_ACTIVATED in keyboard.inputs[bge.events.WKEY].queue:
     print("W KEY!")

I cannot confirm AlignAxisToVec. It is working right with following code.

import bge

# get controller 
cont = bge.logic.getCurrentController()

# get object that controller is attached to 
obj = cont.owner

# align object x-axis to world x-axis 
obj.alignAxisToVect([1.0,0.0,0.0], 2, 1.0)

Simple rotation is working in windows but not in the special ubuntu build. I will check if it a problem with the build

Keyboard input: Issue open, we are investigating.

(duendecat) #1178

I haven’t had a chance to look at AlignAxisToVec yet (very busy weekend) but it’s possible that these errors were related to the player object not being loaded in correctly due to the bullet physics bug above, combined with some missing exception handling (in other words, my mistake). I’ll do some tests later today and let you know if I find anything out of the ordinary.

Edit: Tested again just now and AlignAxisToVec seems fine

(tristan73) #1179

Hello guys

Thank you for you tests and reports, it helped us to stabilize the release. New builds are available for the beta version:
Linux : https://download.upbge.org/download/release/linux64/UPBGE_master_v0.2.4b2.79d20181007h0513b96Linux64.tar.xz
Windows : https://download.upbge.org/download/release/windows64/UPBGE_master_v0.2.4d20181007h0513b96Windows64.zip

These build include fixes about keyboard and mouse inputs, character collisions, capsule size and cube map conversion.

Other than that the alpha linux build is now with an independent python (static library) and the windows build includes addons.

(Cotaks) #1180

Mouse still drifting here. (so that’s a bummer)