A new generation (of my animatable human rig) starts

Balancing on one foot? or a football (soccer) kick?

1 Like

It’s a football kick!!! I didn’t screw up completely, yay!!! :birthday: :fireworks:

1 Like

Did the foot bones. Feet are INSANELY complex, I found out, and I have made the bones far simpler than real life. Not sure if it affects the final product beyond this, but there is definite uncanny valley feel to them. They will do, however…

No rigging in the feet yet, hence the T-pose!

Close-up feet pics. I know the kind of filth you like, you dirty little rascals!

Edit: Oh yeah, I fused the middle and distal phalanges, for simplicuty. If you don’t know what that means, it won’t matter to you at all, don’t worry!

1 Like

Hmmm…magnificent metatarsals…

1 Like

You so dirty…

1 Like

Very minor update to the feet, I got some really good reference material and may tinker with them a little more before moving back up and going for shoulder stuff. I am still moving slowly, getting back into it, so expect a bit of wait. Oh yeah, I did a quick material for the bones, just to make it look a bit more neat, hope you like it!

2 Likes

Did a lot of minor adjustments, not sure how many show that well. I think the next target for my insanity will be shoulder area, but I need a breather. I suck at relaxing!

Actually modeled the clavicle and scapula pretty quickly, which makes me worry that I got something horribly wrong and just can’t see it…
Oh, and the lack of posed images is because neither the feet nor the shoulder parts are rigged yet. I’m still trying to wrap my head around the animation of both, and they are a nightmare, so I just wanted to get a bit of modelling out of my system!

1 Like

Still just doing a small upgrade every day or two, but it all builds up in the end! This time, I got the feet and toes rigged. ALL of them! Each toe is a two-bone thing, for optimal wriggling. Designing walk IK for this thing is going to be a nightmare some day… Yay!

I call the image “RelaX-ray”…

I rigged the shoulders, but… I am not sure about the results. The pose here is shoulders pushed forward. They seem to make the overall shoulder area extremely wide, and it looks a little comical to me. Gotta do more research, I guess!

The first outline of the skull is… goddang scary! Gives me some real Slenderman vibes…

I could make it nicer, but instead… I made it dance

2 Likes

Yeh, dance baby, dance…

Hey, Im missing some nightmare fuel,

Not as nightmarish as this period of developement though…

Actually quite cute in comparison.

2 Likes

Let’s see once I put meat on those bones, there should be nightmares enough for everyone by then!

2 Likes

Got some detail on the skull. Still need more, and teeth are completely missing, but it finally seems to be moving forward. I think I may need to enlarge the ribcage when the skull is done, though…

1 Like

Just adjusted the ribs a bit. And found a serious rigging error, yaaaay!

1 Like

Some hip control improved, but the entire spine control system needs an overhaul, it’s full of problems… DAMMIT!

I just took out the entire spinal control sytem. Now spinal bones are rotated manually, but it can be done with the ‘individual origins’ control, so it isn’t that bad. Still, not my desired outcome, but… disco lives on!

Why is this so deeply unsettling to look at? Apart from the fact that it is a half-armed skeleton clearly wanting a hug?

1 Like

Probably because the lack of bottom teeth on the jaw kind of makes it look like he’s laughing at us with a wide grin, I guess while trying to chase us down for that half armed hug?

2 Likes