A new guide?

I purchased the blender 2.3 guide a while ago, and I must say it helped me in so many ways just talking about it would fill an iPod. However, I can’t help but wonder: Is there any chance a new guide will come out any time soon? I’m sure many agree that while most of it is very thorough and easy to understand, some parts just don’t work with today’s Blender.

(Mods forgive me if this has been posted before, but I couldn’t find anything with the search tool.)

Yes !

There were a news about that on blendernation a few weeks ago.

The Blender 2.3 Guide is now sold out, and they will not be printing any new ones.

The Blender Foundation is producing a new book called Blender Basics:wink:
but there is not yet a release date.

Finally! Wow I can’t wait to see how it’ll turn out.

I wonder if they’re open to suggestions:p

P.S. Thanks for the links arduenn:)

Suggestions would be nice, but the large majority of the book is already written.

It is a new users guide, though, and not a thorough reference. I’m sure that intermediate users would benefit from working through it as well, though. Most Blender users are self taught, and most likely missed some of the fundamentals along the way.

Most Blender users are self taught, and most likely missed some of the fundamentals along the way.

I couldn’t agree more, that’s the reason I purchased the guide in the first place.