A Problem chosing Blender's key mode

Hi every body

I am a Linux Ubuntu user , and have downloaded the portable copy of Blender 2.57 of Linux . It worked fine , but today when I run it , and try to choose Maya key mode from the beginning interface , it gives an error message . After I discovered the even when I choose the other choice , which is Blender’s default mode , it gives the same error message .

I downloaded an other copy of Blender , and tried to run , but Linux gave an other error message , and refused to run !!

In addition , the last thing I remember that I had done before this problem happened is entering some terminal lines , trying to install Adobe Photoshop CS5 using wine . Everything worked fine the terminals , but wine loader refused even to run the installer of photoshop , even though before those terminal line it ran the installer but didn’t install Photoshop .

So do you think those line the cause of the problem . Please help guys .

Sorry for the long thread !!

It worked fine , but today when I run it , and try to choose Maya key mode from the beginning interface , it gives an error message .

After I discovered the even when I choose the other choice , which is Blender’s default mode , it gives the same error message .

I downloaded an other copy of Blender , and tried to run , but Linux gave an other error message , and refused to run !!

And what did these error messages say ?

Well I don’t know exactly , because simply they give me directories and numbers of command lines I think . The error message when choosing any key mode , wether it’s Maya key mode or Blender’s default mode , say :

[QUOTE=]Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/ahmed/Software File/blender-2.57b-linux-glibc27-i686/2.57/scripts/startup/bl_operators/wm.py”, line 908, in execute
bpy.ops.script.execute_preset(filepath=filepath, menu_idname=“USERPREF_MT_interaction_presets”)
File “/home/ahmed/Software File/blender-2.57b-linux-glibc27-i686/2.57/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py”, line 179, in call
ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/ahmed/Software File/blender-2.57b-linux-glibc27-i686/2.57/scripts/startup/bl_operators/presets.py”, line 148, in execute
bpy.ops.script.python_file_run(filepath=filepath)
File “/home/ahmed/Software File/blender-2.57b-linux-glibc27-i686/2.57/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py”, line 179, in call
File “/home/ahmed/Software File/blender-2.57b-linux-glibc27-i686/2.57/scripts/presets/interaction/maya.py”, line 10, in <module>
bpy.context.user_preferences.inputs.invert_mouse_wheel_zoom = True
AttributeError: ‘UserPreferencesInput’ object has no attribute ‘invert_mouse_wheel_zoom’

location:/home/ahmed/Software File/blender-2.57b-linux-glibc27-i686/2.57/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py:179

location:/home/ahmed/Software File/blender-2.57b-linux-glibc27-i686/2.57/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py:179

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/ahmed/Software File/blender-2.57b-linux-glibc27-i686/2.57/scripts/startup/bl_operators/wm.py”, line 908, in execute
bpy.ops.script.execute_preset(filepath=filepath, menu_idname=“USERPREF_MT_interaction_presets”)
File “/home/ahmed/Software File/blender-2.57b-linux-glibc27-i686/2.57/scripts/startup/bl_operators/presets.py”, line 148, in execute
File “/home/ahmed/Software File/blender-2.57b-linux-glibc27-i686/2.57/scripts/presets/interaction/maya.py”, line 10, in <module>
AttributeError: ‘UserPreferencesInput’ object has no attribute ‘invert_mouse_wheel_zoom’

File “/home/ahmed/Software File/blender-2.57b-linux-glibc27-i686/2.57/scripts/startup/bl_operators/wm.py”, line 890, in execute
File “/home/ahmed/Software File/blender-2.57b-linux-glibc27-i686/2.57/scripts/presets/interaction/blender.py”, line 13, in <module>
bpy.context.user_preferences.inputs.invert_mouse_wheel_zoom = False

Hi again
I’ve just ran the new downloaded the copy of Blender 2.57 again . Although every time I run Blender it runs immediately , this time when I ran it from my external hard drive as I do in usual , it gave me this message :

[QUOTE=] This medium contains software intended to be automatically started. Would you like to run it?
The software will run directly from the medium “My Passport”. You should never run software that you don’t trust.

If in doubt, press Cancel. [/QUOTE]

With two choices :

Cancel
or
Run

When I chose ( Run)

it gave me this message :

Error autorunning software
Cannot find the autorun program

Hi again for the third time
I have just checked running Blender from my hard drive in Linux Mint 9 . It gave me the same error message that it is founded in Ubuntu . However , it worked when I clicked on the work area . The same thing happened when I was trying to run Blender in Ubuntu (I mean the first time I saw the error , not the copy I downloaded which doesn’t run at all) .

So do you think the whole cause of the problem is the command lines I entered in the terminal yesterday ??

Where are you guys ?
Can anybody help please ?

Hi again guys , I want to ask , shouldn’t be there some Blender developers who help Blender users in their technical problems at least ??

Where can I find some developers to help me in my small problem ??