My models exported to UDK look like this:
Usually I paint textures and other maps manually to avoid texture seams.
With only diffuse texture models in UDK seems to be fine and without any seams, but the problem appears when I add normal or specular maps.
This is how only diffuse map look in blender:
This is with normal map:
This is both diffuse and normal maps after baking:
I export models to .ase, because standart blender .fbx exporter seems to have troubles with exporting smoothing groups.
Things I do:
- Create and sculpt high-poly mesh.
- Decimate mesh to low-poly.
- Create smart uv project.
- Paint my textures (and other maps) over the surface.
- Bake textures.
- Export mesh and textures to UDK.
- Making new material for my mesh, linking all maps and saving the package.
UPD: tried to make usual unwrap.
Made another rock from icosphere, marked the seams and unwrapped, then painted the texture and normal map.
Seems fine with and without normal maps:
Also fine in UDK without normal maps:
With normal maps:
I noticed that normals seems to be “turned inside” into mesh on lower side.