A problem

We are basically working on a project where we are showing a bouncing ball,2 balls colliding and an inclined plane. All these files are stored in different .blend files.

We have to actually create a menu listing the above. But I have observed that in menu , scenes are used and setscene is done. But what do I do here as all the lists are different blend files.

Will importing the files help.

Any solution. Please help.

Just use the game actuator instead of scene to make your menu item lead to another game.
Remember to type .blend or .exe after the name and keep them in the same folder. You will obviously need to make a link in your other blends to return to the menu game, eg: Key press, or whatever applies in your game.

jrt.

Please, could you just tell how to use the game actuator here.

I don’t know if you’ve already made your menu, if not there is a simple one you can follow in my old Explosives Express game. If you highlight the red cursor then look across to the ‘Set Scene’ actuator, click on the scene actuator and change it to Game,(Start New Game), then type in the name of your game exactly as you spelled it followed by .blend (assuming that it is a blend).

Make sure the two files are in the same folder then start up the menu game. press enter and the other game will open. To return to the menu game use a game actuator linked to some kind of sensor that best fits your game. (Just a keyboard sensor would do to start with.) Do this in all your other games and you will be able to return to the menu game.

You could append the menu scene from my game and change it to suit your needs but if you need more menu items you would have to make a new ipo.

jrt.

We have already created a menu and the solution given by you that change the Scene actuator to game does not work .

What should we do.Is there any way to do this using python scripting.

SOME BLENDER GURU PLEASE HELP US WITH OUR PROBLEM . WE HAVE MADE A MENU AND ALL THE FILES ARE IN DIFFERENT . BLEND FILES. HOW DO WE ACCESS THEM FROM THE MENU.

ok, take it easy…
so do you want to acces a new .blende file in real time?
you have made a meny and you want for example
when you hit the “New game” buttun, you start the other .blende file?
or do is the game in another sceen in the same .blender file?
if you want to acces a new .blende file (start a new .blend file) use the game actuator, and write the .blend name of the new file, and remember that the new .blend file have to be in the same directory.
example:

Game actuator>start new game>thegame.blend

or you can do this, if the .blend file is on another directory

Game actuator>start new game>maps/thegame.blend

or

Game actuator>start new game>C:/the game/maps/thegame.blend

mehbe this will help you?
if not, tell me simple what you want to do, ok??

Here’s a demo of how it works, 129KB:

http://www.whealprussia.freeserve.co.uk/testmenu.zip

Open the menu blend, press P, then press enter. To return press enter again. Up and down arrows to change menu.