A Proper Keymap for Blender 2.8

I have installed the addon, but I don’t see key-binding tab

Have any idea what’s wrong?

There’s no keybinding tab. The addon has no settings, it just contains menus required for the keymap. You install the addon, enable it, and once that’s done, just import they keymap and save preferences.

I’d like to know how to identify key bindings :slight_smile: I found how to do that.

It would be great if I can manage custom key map in xls file. Sometimes It’s hard to find what I’ve modified.
I’m willing to donate some for it.

I am not sure I understand what exactly you are after. If you want to take my keymap and customize it, then that’s fine. If you want to have also an update spreadsheet, just open the Google Sheets link above, make yourself a copy of it, which Google Sheets can do, and then you can edit your copy with all the changes you’ve done to the keymap. :slight_smile:

I’m having these issues again on the latest (4/6) build of Blender. I tried resetting to factory settings and then only enabling your keymapping (with and without the addon enabled) and it happens again where I can’t simply click to select or deselect.

It’s something on my side because if I load your keymapping from the zip it works fine. I’ve made lots of edits to your keymap to my own preferences. Could you maybe point out where the ability to click select/deselect is in the keymap so I can try to fix it on my own?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it under 3d View. “Select” had the wrong RNA put in. Works now!

Hi
I found some bugs:

1. the hotkeys for undo history and Redo history are not set.
  2. Lasso selection related hotkeys are not set.
  3. The hot keys of Copy and Paste are marked wrong in the table.

I think it might be better to set Align selected camera to view to alt+c, because I am always used to ctrl+c as the copy hotkey.

Why not set the hotkey of ‘Shortest path’ to ctrl+lmb and the hotkey of ‘Shortest path fill region’ to ctrl+shift+lmb? I don’t think there will be any conflict. I want to know how you think about this problem.

1. Undo and Redo history aren’t set because almost no one uses that. Feel free to set it up if you want

2. Lasso selection hotkeys do not exist as Lasso is now a mode of select tool (DoublePress-Q key)

3. Copy and Paste are not assigned as far as I know, because I haven’t seen anyone use it much, instead people tend to use duplicate.

4. Ctrl+LMB is obviously a conflict. Ctrl+LMB click is subtract selection.

I think you can update your Google Docs to keep pace with Keymap.
The fourth question is that you are right. I gave up my original idea.

Many shortcuts are broken again but I think it’s not worth fixing until the July release 2.8.

I will check. I will probably fix them anyway since I’ll need to use Blender sooner than in July :slight_smile:

Hey rawalanche - huge fan of your keymapping! I’ve been following the official Industry Keymap thread and saw you were in there. Have any of Bill’s changes to that keymap been something that require a lot of work on your side? For example, the thing that he added recently where you can box select while still having the Move/Rotate/Scale tools active. Is it possible to integrate that into this keymapping?

I ask because my keymap is yours but with some minor tweaks and I would hate to have to start over by using the IC keymap just to make use of those new low-level additions he added. I’d much rather find a way to integrate those into yours and not to switch to IC.

Uh, what?
It’s been that way in my keymap since day 1. Have you actually used this keymap? :slight_smile:

May I ask what exactly did you find broken? I’ve downloaded latest build and just quickly tried basic shortcuts and they all worked.

If you read my entire message and didn’t just stop at the part where I looked stupid you would have seen that I use it, yes. I appreciate you taking the opportunity to make a stupid mistake on my part into a chance for you to be snarky.

Sorry if I was too alarmist :slight_smile: It’s just ][ for Sidebar and Toolshelf and 1,2,3 in UV editor with sync active. The defaults work fine.

Thanks! I will fix these as soon as I can.

Hi,

I found that when Mask is enabled in Paint mode, I cannot quickly switch between brushes and selections. Especially in Weight Paint Mode, the Shift key is occupied, so the add select operation cannot be performed. Can you assign a hot key to the Draw function in your keymap?

In addition, in Weight paint mode, the hotkey F2 of Limit selection to visible does not work, and I have not found the corresponding function.

Thanks!

Hi, a huge thanks to you Rawalanche, I just started using it and I love it thanks !
The only issue I have so far is to toogle ON/OFF the left & right toolbars.

In classic Blender the T key toggle the left toolbar and the N key the right toolbar. In your setup you binded them to “[” and “]” (choice I’m ok with :slight_smile: ) but I don’t know if I made a mistake somewhere but toggling on & off tese two sidebar doesn’t work at all for me. It just do nothing when I press the bracket keys [ ]…

I even tried to bind them to an other key to test, but same issue, it doesn’t work and do nothing.
Sorry if this issue was already adressed and I didn’t see it.

If you or someone else tell me what did I make wrong or did I missed it would be great, thanks :slight_smile:

Hey, sorry, this is a known issue. The binding broke in one of the recent updates. I will fix it asap :slight_smile:

Ok no problem thanks :slight_smile: